Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (1 Viewer)

My best friend has been on at least twice. I need to get the scoop from him.

Hope to go sometime in the fall

I've heard nothing but great things

Last edited:
Also, I really wasn't prepared at all to see the interior of the Falcon on Smuggler's Run ... I wish my feet would have let me stand in line a second time.

I don't get excited for much ... but I lucked into the right pilot's seat and got to pull the hyperspace lever ... twice! I was reverted to a 7-year old me and pulled it back slowly, just like in the movies :)

I rode Smugglers Run three times just so I could get a shot at pilot, haha. Pulling that hyperspace lever back had way more of an effect on me than it should have.

I'm a terrible pilot, though. Still got to make a hyper space jump!

How long was the wait for that ride?

Smugglers Run varied from like 70 to 90 minutes towards the end of the day to well over two hours at peak times.

Rise of the Resistance uses a new virtual queue system, so if you want a shot at riding it you absolutely have to be in Hollywood Studios at park open and making a boarding group on the Disney World app or at a kiosk as soon as the clock hits 7am.

Smugglers Run varied from like 70 to 90 minutes towards the end of the day to well over two hours at peak times.

Rise of the Resistance uses a new virtual queue system, so if you want a shot at riding it you absolutely have to be in Hollywood Studios at park open and making a boarding group on the Disney World app or at a kiosk as soon as the clock hits 7am.
Thanks, that's good to know. We'll be at Disneyland, but I'm sure there will be something similar.

Finally made it to Disneyland this week. We were supposed to go for Spring Break last year, but that was right when the pandemic shut everything down, so we’d been sitting on our tickets for a year and a half.

Galaxy’s Edge was really cool. The lines for Smuggler’s Run was usually only about 30 minutes. We rode it twice — it was okay, but kind of like a more interactive Star Tours, but it was really cool to feel like you were walking inside the Falcon.

We were unable to get on Rise of the Resistance on Sunday because the virtual queue filled up instantly. Yesterday they weren’t using it, though, and we were able to ride it twice (lines were about 60 minutes for us, but got up to 90 at times according to the app). That was one of the best rides we’ve ever done, we’ll worth the wait.

Otherwise, last time we were there (2017?), over in Tomorrowland (where Star Tours is) they had rebranded Space Mountain as Hyperspace Mountain, and projected Tie fighters and used Star Wars music on the ride, but it’s been returned to being just Space Mountain.

The queue alone is significantly better than many rides.

Even as a kid Disney has always done a really good job managing their long lines to make it as painless as possible

Finally made it to Disneyland this week. We were supposed to go for Spring Break last year, but that was right when the pandemic shut everything down, so we’d been sitting on our tickets for a year and a half.

Galaxy’s Edge was really cool. The lines for Smuggler’s Run was usually only about 30 minutes. We rode it twice — it was okay, but kind of like a more interactive Star Tours, but it was really cool to feel like you were walking inside the Falcon.

We were unable to get on Rise of the Resistance on Sunday because the virtual queue filled up instantly. Yesterday they weren’t using it, though, and we were able to ride it twice (lines were about 60 minutes for us, but got up to 90 at times according to the app). That was one of the best rides we’ve ever done, we’ll worth the wait.

Otherwise, last time we were there (2017?), over in Tomorrowland (where Star Tours is) they had rebranded Space Mountain as Hyperspace Mountain, and projected Tie fighters and used Star Wars music on the ride, but it’s been returned to being just Space Mountain.

Did you do the new Spider-Man ride?

There are only a few things worth standing in line 4 hours for
None of which you can get at Disney
Did you do the new Spider-Man ride?
We went in June. The Spiderman ride was really fun, but they had the virtual queue so we didn't have to stand in line. We did wait in line to get into Avengers Campus, which was cool, but not worth the line, especially since you could walk right in later towards evening. However, most of the character shows were finished once you could just walk in, so my daughter was glad we waited.

No, passed on that one the day we did California Adventure. The line hovered around four hours, and the online reviews said it wasn’t worth the wait.

Wow, yeah... the ride is really fun, even surprisingly so... but not worth a 4 hour line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom