Star Wars how to watch poll (1 Viewer)

Order?

• Total voters
what Chuck said - whenever i mention the movies "RotJ' doesn't get nearly the recognition as 'the one with the ewoks'

I'd argue that anyone who knows the term "Ewoks" knows Return of the Jedi

If you're really talking with someone who has no clue I think the proper phrase is "the one with the teddy bears"

So per usual I went against the grain and will bring questions of why the poll then. I had already watched 10 minutes of ep 1 and finished while I was reading SR. I feel like I followed Pete Carroll and passed the ball. But if I had done it the other way I probably never would have bothered with the prequels at all.

what deep characters have entered my world now. Lol

Episode one adds almost nothing to the story. You could skip it and not miss out on much

I like the order 4, 5, 2, 3, 6
This order (the 'Machete order') is probably the best, and people have written long posts about why (e.g. https://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/).

Although if you haven't seen them, you shouldn't read it, because spoilers. Just watch them in that order. If you really have to, you can watch Phantom Menace inbetween 5 and 2, or treat it as an extra movie like Solo or Rogue One.

That's the order I'll watch them with my son when he's old enough to appreciate it (and hopefully before he's old enough to have already encountered the spoilers).

Given that I’ve only ever watched episode 4 and don’t remember much, how should I procede.
Last half of Episode 3, Rouge One, A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens, The Last Skywalker.

Ignore everything else you lucky bastage...

The last Skywalker? :scratch:

Fwiw, I've done the chronological order of the movies, sans Mandalorian. I don't have Disney yet. Just finished TFA and plan on watching TLJ next then TROS.

I don't care what people think, the first 2 are meh, but I never thought ROTS was bad. It was even pretty good imo. The fight sequences at the end and the turn to Vader was dark and I thought well done.

Rogue One is near the top of all of the SW movies. I just love it, and if there was one thing it was short on, it needed more of the bat-shirt Vader at the end.

I'd go with this order, but add Rogue One prior to 4. Then watch 7 and 9.
I'd throw Rogue One in between 3 and 6 in the machete order (I think the original Star Wars should always be the first viewing), then proceed to the Disney trilogy.

If you REALLY have the time, I guess I'd do the Machete order but throw the animated Clone Wars series in between 2 and 3, then Rebels, then Solo, then Rogue One, then 6, then The Mandalorian, then the Disney trilogy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom