Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (1 Viewer)

I picked it up yesterday after seeing that IGN gave it a 9. I've played about 45 minutes, but so far i thought it was great, for what that's worth.

Was there an update for it already?

i'm not sure. i heard there was supposed to be an update, but i didn't actively see if one installed. I just bought the game, then left the xbox on when i left for work so it could download.

Yep, looks like there was a day one patch.

This game is kicking my butt so far. It's a mix of God of War and Dark Souls. Might be some broken controllers soon if I don't get better. There are some glitches so far in the game, NPC/bad guys not in their correct spots, so they start glowing and float across the screen until they hit their right mark. I've had guys close to edges start their falling animation even though they're about 5 feet from the edge. If I start rolling around in combat, sometimes I'll get stuck on some inanimate object. I've had guys get turned around due to me hitting them, yet somehow are still blocking me. They've got some work to do to clean it up, but its still fun so far.

Last edited:
This game is kicking my butt so far. It's a mix of God of War and Dark Souls. Might be some broken controllers soon if I don't get better. There are some glitches so far in the game, NPC/bad guys not in their correct spots, so they start glowing and float across the screen until they hit their right mark. I've had guys close to edges start their falling animation even though they're about 5 feet from the edge. If I start rolling around in combat, sometimes I'll get stuck on some inanimate object. I've had guys get turned around due to me hitting them, yet somehow are still blocking me. They've got some work to do to clean it up, but its still fun so far.

Hmmm, sounds like I'll want to wait a little bit so that they can get some of these glitches cleared up. Might be a Christmas present to myself.

i like the game so far...it doesn't feel like anything new in terms of gameplay mechanics but it's all done fairly well...

the story and characters seem to be mostly just average but it looks really good

i don't really understand some of the mechanics in this game....the meditation spots and the punishment for dying make no sense and do nothing for the experience...especially when you can die easily from the wonky platforming

it feels like it was added to pad out the time but it's really just annoying

i don't really understand some of the mechanics in this game....the meditation spots and the punishment for dying make no sense and do nothing for the experience...especially when you can die easily from the wonky platforming

You're probably doing it wrong.

At first it seemed like they were going for a Dark Souls vibe, make it super hard and you'd have to grind your way through. However, I'm just not sure anymore. Sometimes I'll smash through whole levels with no problem, only to circle back to the front and die to one of the peons at the start of a map.

My biggest gripe about the game is the map system. Once you've ventured across a whole planet, it's difficult to see where anything is on the complex 3D hologram and multi-tiered map. There's no waypoint system or anything like that, so you're left wandering up and down and through areas over and over again trying to get to that one spot you see on the map.

At first it seemed like they were going for a Dark Souls vibe, make it super hard and you'd have to grind your way through. However, I'm just not sure anymore. Sometimes I'll smash through whole levels with no problem, only to circle back to the front and die to one of the peons at the start of a map.

i agree...the combat seems inconsistent and sometimes unfair...it mostly works but sometimes it feels like something is off

My biggest gripe about the game is the map system. Once you've ventured across a whole planet, it's difficult to see where anything is on the complex 3D hologram and multi-tiered map. There's no waypoint system or anything like that, so you're left wandering up and down and through areas over and over again trying to get to that one spot you see on the map.

yeah, it's not a great map system...

I've hit two rather annoying design issues with the game. First, during some of the boss battles there are button mashing sections (not sequences but just "press this button to hold off the guy"). During one of the boss battles, they have a lightsaber and the button designation is right on top of the two overlapping lightsabers. You can't see what the button is, so you just have to guess at it. Another issue is also during boss battles. When a bad guy is about to perform an "un-blockable" attack, they flash red. If you previously died to a bad guy, they glow a gold color until you get a hit on them. However, while gold, you can't see them flash red. So you can see how that might be an issue when going into a boss battle, especially when they've been romping on you for an hour or so and you've already cracked your controller once because you launched it across the room. Also, it seems like there's an issue with holding block and the game just not registering that you're blocking. I know you have a stamina bar, but many times I'm holding block with a full bar of stamina, no red flash on the bad guy, and my dude just decides not to block the attack.

Edit: I beat the game. The final boss battle is quite difficult, even on Knight level. The ending is pretty cool though in my opinion. Overall the game was frustratingly fun.

Last edited:
I beat the game. The final boss battle is quite difficult, even on Knight level. The ending is pretty cool though in my opinion. Overall the game was frustratingly fun.

I'm a loser. I can't get past the first "boss" battle of The Second Sister. I know it's not a true "boss" battle in the sense that you don't defeat her at this point, but I can't get past her. I've been close just once out of maybe 30 attempts.

I'm a loser. I can't get past the first "boss" battle of The Second Sister. I know it's not a true "boss" battle in the sense that you don't defeat her at this point, but I can't get past her. I've been close just once out of maybe 30 attempts.

You only need to get her to half health for that battle to end. Focus on dodging more than blocking. Use the time slowing power when she misses, so you can get some cheap hits in. And of course, watch out for her unblockable red flash attacks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom