Star Wars meets anime (1 Viewer)

I haven't finished watching them all, but I have two thoughts:

1. Some of these are going to confuse the hell out of people who aren't that familiar with certain styles of anime. Tattooine Rhapsody in particular.

2. The Ninth Jedi is so good. So damn good. In fact, I want a full series and for this to be the canon far future of the Star Wars galaxy.

1. Some of these are going to confuse the hell out of people who aren't that familiar with certain styles of anime. Tattooine Rhapsody in particular.

2. The Ninth Jedi is so good. So damn good. In fact, I want a full series and for this to be the canon far future of the Star Wars galaxy.
The 9th Jedi was fantastic, The Elder and Lop & Ocho are pretty great as well. I did enjoy The Duel as well and I could see what kind of anime style The Twins was going for...

Last edited:
The 9th Jedi was fantastic, The Elder and Lop & Ocho are pretty great as well. I did enjoy The Duel as well and I could see what kind of anime style The Twins was going for...

The Duel was really good. Loved the animation style and the Ronin character. There's a tie in novel coming about that one I might check out. Would really like to know more about his story.

Not an anime fan but some of them were entertaining. Exploring an expanded universe is fun. I wonder what the fan reaction would be to a multiverse series ala what if…? Or a series exploring the expanded universe from the novels.

Not an anime fan but some of them were entertaining. Exploring an expanded universe is fun. I wonder what the fan reaction would be to a multiverse series ala what if…? Or a series exploring the expanded universe from the novels.
I think that’s what both Marvel and SW want to do (expand the universe) they just have to babystep the fanbois along (I think they initially hoped they could just jump to new stories, but many of us were clearly not ready for that)

I’ve still got two more episodes to watch but I basically have enjoyed them to varying degrees. “The Duel” is my favorite with “Tatooine Rhapsody” being my least favorite.

I have to start watching this.. I have been too busy lately.

Saw them. Some are good, some are meh, some are just bad.

The Duel was my favourite. It reminded me of all the great old Samurai films that inspired the spaghetti Westerns of the late 60s/70s - and of course, were at least half of the inspiration of the original Star Wars film itself.

The Village Bride was next on my list for much the same reason, but I liked the animation style of The Duel better.
Akakiri tried to pull on the same vibe, but that one came off boring and flat to me.

The Ninth Jedi was good, and it certainly seems like there ought to be follow up to that episode. The Elder wasn't bad, but just kind of middle of the road, not overly memorable.

A few of them seemed to be intended as beginnings of a series (The Ninth Jedi, The Twins, Lap and Ocho, Akakiri); makes me wonder if they will be ongoing episodes through however many seasons they might be able to get out of this.

The ones that really fell flat for me were Tatooine Rhapsody, T0-B1, and The Twins.

I hated the beginning of Lap and Ocho, but it didn't stay in that anime mode where characters yell happily at each other for no reason, so I didn't hate it the rest of the way I hated the beginning. Still, it was only meh for me the rest of the way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom