Star Wars Question (1 Viewer)

On Jabba's Sail Barge Luke gets shot on the hand. On his HAND, which he was holding high in the air. And he was shot by someone standing 6 feet behind him. Dude! How do you miss that shot?! What were you aiming at?! Even Stormtroopers aren't THAT bad

So I'm reading From A Certain Point of View - An anthology of short stories from the point of view of major, minor and unknown characters. Three volumes, one for each movie

The one for Return of the Jedi has stories about Max Rebo, Salacious Crumb, the droid that tells R2D2 he's needed on the sail barge, Ewoks, rando guards on the Death Star and Star Destroyer, etc.

And one from the guy who shoots Luke on the Sail Barge that explains this.

Basically there is a rumor/myth that like a Hogwarts Wizard without his wand a Jedi without his lightsaber is powerless. Hence the hand shot

So this guy doesn't have horrendous aim, he actually has good aim, that's probably a hard shot to make

What he has is bad luck

1. A Jedi isn't powerless without a lightsaber

2. Because of Luke's robotic hand he doesn't drop his lightsaber when shot which is why this guy gets cut in half by it

** One of the stories is a first person story from the Sarlacc (which in the audiobook is in a California surfer dude voice. Pretty wild)

Agreed.
R2 would have known that Luke was Anakin's son but I don't think R2 would make the connection between Anakin and Vader...
Where was R2 during the attack on the Jedi temple? Is it possible he was there and saw the whole thing?

Where was R2 during the attack on the Jedi temple? Is it possible he was there and saw the whole thing?
Anakin visited Padme after going to the Jedi Temple. R2 was in his socket outside. I’m thinking R2 was at the Temple but outside in the fighter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom