Star Wars upheaval? (1 Viewer)

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
John Campea had an interesting take on why they love Kathleen despite the epic failures of the sequels: Disney+. The Disney growth strategy is all around Disney+ subscriptions and Lucas Film content is driving that even more than Marvel content right now. The Mandalorian took the world by storm. Subscriptions leaped, merchandising was monstrous, and it has led to 2 spin-off shows and another possible. So for whatever missteps she has had on the big screen Star Wars content on the small screen is killing it and helping to grow their most critical investment.

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score
John Campea had an interesting take on why they love Kathleen despite the epic failures of the sequels: Disney+. The Disney growth strategy is all around Disney+ subscriptions and Lucas Film content is driving that even more than Marvel content right now. The Mandalorian took the world by storm. Subscriptions leaped, merchandising was monstrous, and it has led to 2 spin-off shows and another possible. So for whatever missteps she has had on the big screen Star Wars content on the small screen is killing it and helping to grow their most critical investment.

Kennedy had essentially nothing to do with the Disney+ Star Wars shows, that was all Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau. If Disney execs are really giving Kennedy that credit, that franchise is in serious trouble.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Kennedy had essentially nothing to do with the Disney+ Star Wars shows, that was all Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau. If Disney execs are really giving Kennedy that credit, that franchise is in serious trouble.
The quality of it, yes, that was all Dave and Jon. She green lit it though and approved the direction. Just like she gets the blame for the disaster on the big screen she has to get the credit for the success on the small screen. Good or bad, the Star Wars buck stops at her.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
The quality of it, yes, that was all Dave and Jon. She green lit it though and approved the direction. Just like she gets the blame for the disaster on the big screen she has to get the credit for the success on the small screen. Good or bad, the Star Wars buck stops at her.

Sequels aside, pretty much everything else that has happened under her purview has been fine to great. They're happy with what she's doing and it's mostly been ok. The failure of TLJ and and RoS cast a long shadow, but taken as a whole the franchise is fine.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sequels aside, pretty much everything else that has happened under her purview has been fine to great. They're happy with what she's doing and it's mostly been ok. The failure of TLJ and and RoS cast a long shadow, but taken as a whole the franchise is fine.
It obviously should cast a long shadow, but I'm starting to come around to being ok with her being in charge. If they're going to do another trilogy series, I hope she'll take the lessons learned from the last trilogy and not make those same mistakes. I suspect she realizes that. Time will tell I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom