Star Wars upheaval? (2 Viewers)

The stories about Lord and Miller are wild. They were apparently just making a straight comedy that had a young Han Solo in it and got like 3/4s of the way through it before Lucasfilm shut it down. I doubt any of those dailies or pre Ron Howard footage exists anymore but boy would I love to see them. It was allegedly a disaster. I remember one source comparing the footage to Ace Ventura.

We really need to organize online to get a Lord/Miller SOLO directors cut.

John Campea had an interesting take on why they love Kathleen despite the epic failures of the sequels: Disney+. The Disney growth strategy is all around Disney+ subscriptions and Lucas Film content is driving that even more than Marvel content right now. The Mandalorian took the world by storm. Subscriptions leaped, merchandising was monstrous, and it has led to 2 spin-off shows and another possible. So for whatever missteps she has had on the big screen Star Wars content on the small screen is killing it and helping to grow their most critical investment.

John Campea had an interesting take on why they love Kathleen despite the epic failures of the sequels: Disney+. The Disney growth strategy is all around Disney+ subscriptions and Lucas Film content is driving that even more than Marvel content right now. The Mandalorian took the world by storm. Subscriptions leaped, merchandising was monstrous, and it has led to 2 spin-off shows and another possible. So for whatever missteps she has had on the big screen Star Wars content on the small screen is killing it and helping to grow their most critical investment.

Kennedy had essentially nothing to do with the Disney+ Star Wars shows, that was all Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau. If Disney execs are really giving Kennedy that credit, that franchise is in serious trouble.

Kennedy had essentially nothing to do with the Disney+ Star Wars shows, that was all Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau. If Disney execs are really giving Kennedy that credit, that franchise is in serious trouble.
The quality of it, yes, that was all Dave and Jon. She green lit it though and approved the direction. Just like she gets the blame for the disaster on the big screen she has to get the credit for the success on the small screen. Good or bad, the Star Wars buck stops at her.

The quality of it, yes, that was all Dave and Jon. She green lit it though and approved the direction. Just like she gets the blame for the disaster on the big screen she has to get the credit for the success on the small screen. Good or bad, the Star Wars buck stops at her.

Sequels aside, pretty much everything else that has happened under her purview has been fine to great. They're happy with what she's doing and it's mostly been ok. The failure of TLJ and and RoS cast a long shadow, but taken as a whole the franchise is fine.

Sequels aside, pretty much everything else that has happened under her purview has been fine to great. They're happy with what she's doing and it's mostly been ok. The failure of TLJ and and RoS cast a long shadow, but taken as a whole the franchise is fine.
It obviously should cast a long shadow, but I'm starting to come around to being ok with her being in charge. If they're going to do another trilogy series, I hope she'll take the lessons learned from the last trilogy and not make those same mistakes. I suspect she realizes that. Time will tell I guess.

She also said that she was willing to work on the script for WW3 but that it's her understanding that there's nothing she can do to move it forward. Sounds to me like they don't want you writing a script for WW3 cause you aren't good at that part. Stick to directing Patty.

She also said that she was willing to work on the script for WW3 but that it's her understanding that there's nothing she can do to move it forward. Sounds to me like they don't want you writing a script for WW3 cause you aren't good at that part. Stick to directing Patty.

When it came out yesterday that WW3 getting canned wasn't a result of the new brain trust at DC taking over, but was from the old regime not liking the script or what she was doing with the character, that was pretty telling. She had a lot of cache after Wonder Woman's success and pretty much single handedly tanked it with WW84's awful script and underperformance.

She's a more than capable director, but having some writing help probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom