Star (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If Star Louteleli is there @ #15, do we select him even though he has a lil heart condition.

Well you find out if its a correctable issue. I am not sure how little it is. But if he clears medically, you run to the podium with that card.

But the reported condition is no joke. That's they type of thing that kills people undiagnosed. When you read about a player droping dead on the field, this is usually the cause. I am just glad they found the anomaly in his heart now, before we had to read that sort of article about him.

They way you put that along with the following comment....hilarious.

I say if he checks out medically you pick him with 15 and instantly have a great start at building the new 3-4.

I agree with the rest. This would be a huge upgrade after the departure of Ellis. Bunkley and Star at Nose Tackle would be a fearsome rotation. The draft can't get here soon enough. Its killing me. We need some positive news in a bad way.

If he has an easily correctable cause he will likely not make it to us...if it is not easily correctable he probably wouldn't be worth #15 overall (or being drafted period).

If somehow he has his issue corrected and clear by team docs...there is only only one guy I have higher on my big board.

His condition though is only correctable through surgery IIRC so even if he gets cleared to play he will need a ling recovery time.

There are certain teams that tend to be too conservative, and even if he's cleared, will drop him from their boards. that can be an advantage.

There is no such thing as a li"lil heart condition"

There is such a thing. Don't know what his is but my son has one that is a small leaky valve. Cardio Dr. says 20 years ago they never would have found it, just would have called it a murmur and called it a day. Now with all of the advancements in testing they can pinpoint what is is. He plays soccer 5 days a week, runs track and plays football. Never has had an issue. He does have to get it checked once a year until he stops growing though just as a precautionary measure.

A lot of people with the name "Star" have encountered success.
Examples:
Star Jones
Ringo Star
Rachel Starr (oh la la)!

That's just to name a few. He might be the next big thing.

If its a correctable minor situation he won't be there at 15.
If he is there at 15 his heart is not easily correctable or minor & we pass on him.

If its correctable, he's still a Top 7 guy. If it's not and he's a risk, he's a second rounder. I'd be ok with the risk if it were determined that it was a "minor" risk AND we had a second rounder. We can't flop our only top pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom