Starbucks? (1 Viewer)

Coffee

• Starbucks more than once a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any coffee shop more than once a day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There's a Starbucks in our building lobby, it's convenient.

Au contraire. Starbucks beans are always burnt. It's their MO. I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would drink this as their coffee.

I actually don't think their coffee is that bad in one of those super sweet "coffee drinks"; in fact, that is the reason they burn the beans. The coffee actually is a nice contrasts and still tastes good in those drinks.

But for regular coffee? Nasty stuff.

I forget that you are the coffee guru. What is it again that is your brew of choice?

But to each his own on Starbuck's. I prefer their Verona blend, which is much better than anything they serve at work, 7-11, Burger King, or Community. Or maybe I've developed a taste for burnt coffee. :shrug:

Unquestionably

how long, sealed then, will they last if I get them whole? I know it's a hassle for them to keep me supplied so the longer it lasts, the better

Happy bday dude. Here's a cup of Starbucks for you.

starbucks-coffee-cup.jpg

Thanks dude. I actually don't mind Starbucks and if I find one that the barristas know what they're doing, I'll go back. I'm not a big coffee drinker anyway and if I'm with my wife, who loves Starbucks, then I'll get one too. The one in Rockwall near the shut-down Albertson's seems like a good place. All my wife drinks at home is CDM or Community. Go figure.:idunno:

Personally, my favorite type is mild-roasted Ethiopian beans (Yirgacheffe) from a good coffee roaster/shop. For day-to-day stuff, I'm either trying out new beans from a local shop or using Community.

Community Coffee truly is a great product; those of us who grew up in La are spoiled. It's not the best in the world, but for every day normal coffee use, it's hard to beat.

Also, FWIW, McDonald's coffee is pretty good. It's definitely better (and cheaper) than Starbucks. They use 100% pure Arabica beans and everything (they increased the quality of their beans not too long ago to compete with Starbucks).

I used to be a Community dark roast drinker, but have switched to Mello Joy dark roast. Some good stuff!

The thing with me and Community is that I prefer to buy my coffee whole bean so that I can grind it. The local stores seem to only sell the CC's brand of flavored coffees in whole bean form. All other Community roasts are already ground and vacuum sealed, which is not what I'm looking for.

And I wonder if Starbuck's beans that are sold as retail are not the same as the one's they brew in their stores. I know it sounds "off", but I cannot get my coffee at home to taste the same as in the store. Which is not always a bad thing, because I think it tastes better at home.

Awful, awful stuff. Agree with Brennan on the burnt part. Plus it is WAY over-priced. It's just coffee folks, awful coffee at that. I don't get the appeal of bitter, over-priced brown water, but that's just me.

If you're ever in Brooklyn, hit up some Gorilla Coffee.

Community and CDM are my favorites. I like the Cafe Du Monde coffee best. I only drink the stuff on Sunday mornings in the fall/winter cause my girlfriend wakes up, brews a pot and cooks breakfast every Sunday.

Last edited:
The thing with me and Community is that I prefer to buy my coffee whole bean so that I can grind it. The local stores seem to only sell the CC's brand of flavored coffees in whole bean form. All other Community roasts are already ground and vacuum sealed, which is not what I'm looking for.

And I wonder if Starbuck's beans that are sold as retail are not the same as the one's they brew in their stores. I know it sounds "off", but I cannot get my coffee at home to taste the same as in the store. Which is not always a bad thing, because I think it tastes better at home.

Same here, but I've never had Starbucks. I'm not the usual coffee drinker though since I only drink it at home and only grind my own. Every now and then I'll get some in a hotel or restaurant. Hotel Blend is one of my faves, but we usually drink some organic Costa Rican stuff my wife picks up at the overpricedorganogrocery. It tastes pretty good with the organobrownnaturalsugar and the freerangeorganocream she gets.

I honestly hate myself for ever trying Starbucks. Now I find myself having to have it once or twice a day.

Usually I go for the Mocha(sometimes Caramel) low cal frap(coffee blended with ice) with whey protien.

Somehow I became addicted to it. 5 bucks for coffee, then they expect a tip also..

ugh..

Part of the problem is I've tried other coffee places and for the frapaccino they charge about the same as Starbucks but aren't nearly as good. Like Pj's for example has a frap for about the same cost....but it sucks by comparison.

So today I got a French Press as a gift. I like the idea of something that's easier for just a couple of cups at a time without firing up the drip.

It seems pretty simple and self-explanatory. But before I brew my first cup via this method in the morning is there anything I should know?

This is the one I got:

bodum-brazil-french-press.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom