Start time for Giants game? (1 Viewer)

Va Saints Fan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Can anyone clear this up? Right now the start time is 1 pm, and flex scheduling can not occur in week 16 because its a holiday weekend, but can the game get moved to 4 pm? Fox was advertising it as the featured game that week.

I questioned that in another thread too. No flex game that weekend like you said, and I assumed all east coast games that day would be noon (central time) kickoffs. Guess it can be Fox's "feature" game, but still be an early kickoff ? :shrug:

yeah, i guess its just fox's feature game at 1 because espn and nfl.com say that it starts at 1 pm

Its one of Fox's "handpicked games". In other words, I'm just guessing, its one of the games Fox chose to protect. Same reason they moved the Saints/Steelers game to a later time.

I wonder if this game will be shown in Chicago. I will be at my Godson's house for the holiday and the Bears play at noon.

Usually, FOX only shows one game on Bears game days but with the holiday I am hoping that things change.

I will have Tivo and will be able to watch it later but I would much rather watch the game and have even more to celebrate. :D

During the game yesterday, FOX commented that the game was protected by them and it will be their feature game! They anticipate that game being huge for play-off implecations for one or both teams. With the way the Giants are playing right now, I'd say they would need that game to stay alive!

Sorry to have this going in multiple threads, but I think WWL has made an error:

Per the NFL website, flexible scheduling is not in effect that weekend due to the holiday:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible

And, even if flex scheduling were in effect, the Saints game (on FOX) wouldn't be eligible because that weekend is CBS' turn to have the national 4pm EST game. They have chosen Cincinnati at Denver.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/national

So, I'm not sure why FOX was promoting Saints at Giants as a national game. Maybe they just got carried away since they were advertising 3 straight weeks of Giants home games on National TV.

My guess is they plan to show Saints @ Giants to the largest audience; basically, every market which doesn't have a local team playing at the same time.

FCS

The game stays with the FOX Network. The game will move to 3:15 pm start time.
Most of the country will get the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom