Starters Starting In Preseason Finale (1 Viewer)

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just heard this on the radio. Is this something that has already been discussed because this is the first I've heard of it. Hope we come out of the finale healthy.

First time Brees will play in the last preseason game since 2006. I think Payton is trying to get some kind of continuity going into the season. Have to do something to shake it up.

Funny thing is, We go out there looking great...

"Well, they didn't do it before. So why should this change anything? Whatever."

We look better?

"Pfft. Ravens didn't even play all their starters. Whatever."

We look the same?

"Oh see? We're terrible. 3-13!"

We look worse?

"Fire everything!"

I just heard this on the radio. Is this something that has already been discussed because this is the first I've heard of it. Hope we come out of the finale healthy.
It's always a gamble every time you suit up and I hope they stay healthy. But god forbid there is an injury I can't blame Payton too much, unless you want to point fingers for the team being so unsettled still that they even have to consider playing starters at this point.

The team has not looked good and the coaches know it. You need to send a message that where we are needs to be better and you need to see them come out and execute and establish some positives and get into the season on a better footing.

I don't want to think where the heads of the fans and the team will be if they still can't protect or rush the passer.

We look better?

We look the same?

We look worse?

"Fire everything!"
Nah.

Some will say that, but it's been so shaky that as a fan I will take any positives and hope they continue to work and get better and settle on a starting 5 on the OL and add some contributors after cut down.

If they lay another egg we're all going to feel queasy about the season.

First time Brees will play in the last preseason game since 2006. I think Payton is trying to get some kind of continuity going into the season. Have to do something to shake it up.
That certainly says something.

We look better?

We look the same?

We look worse?

"Fire everything!"

You're right. But, what many people aren't taking into consideration is that, much more so than previous years, we have a LOT of new faces on this offense, and team in general. Our offense relies on timing more than most other teams. So, there's a lack of continuity from last year. It takes time. They definitely need this extra work. But I still have faith it will come together.

I agree with this. Need to get some momentum. If the offense can come out and move the ball well, even if it's just for one series, that will get some confidence going.

this makes me nervous.

just sit the starters
Every game and every play should then make you nervous.

Part of playing is practicing and being evaluated. This unit still needs evaluation, unfortunately. Guys go down in practice all the time even without contact.

Let's hope we are fortunate.

Only thing that scares me is they will be going against guys who will be last to make top 53 or cut and will drop the hammer every chance they get with nothing to lose.

Payton has the pulse of this team and I have to believe if he is going to play starters on Thursday it is because he believes this team has not come together, particularly on offense, and that it is worth the injury gamble. I just hope Drew, if he does play, goes out first series and moves the ball down the field to a TD. Night over after that I hope!

I think he senses complacency. Nip that in the bud by doing something most teams won't. Making our starters play like their jobs are on the line too.

This is sending a message to the team. Your play is unacceptable. Not even the starters have EARNED the right to sit out game 4 of the preseason. Everyone is on the hotseat.
We may look good against the Ravens scrubs but then again we may not. Imagine the starters looking bad against the Ravens backups? Think they're not worried about getting their stuff straight for that game?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom