Starters will play more against Texans (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
According to this article, the starters will play around 20-25 snaps.

Saints coach Sean Payton told the media Thursday night the plan is to give Brees -- and the rest of the starters -- a lot more work this week.

“From a snap count, somewhere between 20 and 25 plays,’’ Payton said. “Hopefully close to 25 plays. That may or may not get us to the half, but somewhere in that range.’’

You want to see progress week-to-week,’’ Payton said. “I think it is always important. You want to play well. You want to improve from the things you didn’t do well the week before.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/43598/payton-starters-will-play-more

starters should come out at the end of the 1st quarter

Yea I guess so, but this is what the Saints have been doing for previous preseasons. Game 1: starters play for about a quarter, game 2: play about 1 half, game 3: play into the 3rd quarter, and game 4: play one play or so or not at all.

Defensively, no doubt. Offensively i think they should come out once they have at the very least some consistancy, and move the ball down the field. They looked horrible last game, lets hope they got the ducks in a row this week.

If Payton thinks they need closer to 2 quarters, then that's what they need. The offense definitely needs to establish a rhythm and gain some confidence before the real season starts, and that's going to take more than one quarter of play in this Houston game, especially if it turns out that the offense doesn't do well in the first quarter. I think Payton knows what he's doing by now. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom