Stat comparison of Pete Werner vs Kwon Alexander through two games (2 Viewers)

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Was not a fan of the pick but am enjoying eating crow on this one. Reminds me that I’m just a fan and miss on far more than I hit on. Go Pete! Still would love to have Kwon for his infectious energy.
I remember people talking about Craig Robertson's 'energy' a lot as well, but fact was it was just fan perception and he was actually a very replaceable JAG. Like you say, in the final analysis we're all just fans and need to remember that.

Reaction score
"Kwon Alexander is bigger, Pete Werner is scrawny!"

Uh, sir.. Werner is quite literally taller and heavier.

"Yeah, but in the pictures he looks bigger!!!!!! And he went to LSU!!!!"

🤭
Yeah, I did that :D He never admitted he wanted him because he went to LSU.

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I was one of those that wanted to keep Kwon but I wasn't comparing the two. I just wanted him back cause I loved his energy and what he brought to the team.

With his injury history I definitely didn't want him playing every down. I like how we played him last year.

Then when Werner got hurt this TC I was really on the Kwon train (still would like to have him). But with Werner healthy now he's really made that loss better to deal with.

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I really wanted to keep Kwon, but only as a nickel LB. Werner is way better at run defense and after 2 games his pass defense has improved from last year. This week will be a good test as CMC is a hard back to cover.

BayouSAINTJoe

Hard Seltzers taste like 💩!
Reaction score
I really wanted to keep Kwon, but only as a nickel LB. Werner is way better at run defense and after 2 games his pass defense has improved from last year. This week will be a good test as CMC is a hard back to cover.
Damn...forgot CMC played for Carolina...this has to be our first time facing him in like 3 years.

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2

greatshow25

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Damn...forgot CMC played for Carolina...this has to be our first time facing him in like 3 years.
He played in the first game last year. I think he got hurt in our game or the very next game and then the Panthers wheels fell off.

Big_L

Team Big Pimpin'
Reaction score
Y’all better back up off Pete!!! He’s a dawg, not the Georgia kind thank God!

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I don’t think that anyone was suggesting to take Kwon over Werner. They wanted Kwon as depth behind Werner and Davis. A better comp would be Kwon versus whoever our #3 LB current is
Nah, folks wanted Werner to start over, Kwon.

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Yep and he's healthy. We struggled in the past covering him out the backfield. I'm concerned about that more than I am his running. I remember one game where he had more receiving yards than rushing yards. That's what I think will happen Sunday.

Reaction score
I think 1/2 of the board was asking for Kwon over Werner.
Yep! They wanted Kwon without giving Werner a chance. I was a little Leary myself but I am pleasantly surprised and hoped he keeps it up! It was the correct move. Dudes younger and has better production. I think some of the feelings toward him come from Werner looking a little small. I don’t think he is small he just looks a little small for a inside linebacker. As long as he is producing it’s the correct move.

Reaction score
No, there were camps that wanted Kwon over Werner, as well as those who wanted both. Including suggestions Kwon should remain starter. In both camps, the underlying motivation seemed to be a lack of comfort with Werner as the starter, with various largely incorrect assertions about his size/speed/agility/experience/injury status being put about. The practice absences during preseason, while he rehabbed, only heightened the anxiety among a number of posters.

Whatever the motivation, the desire to have both here was unsustainable, as proven by Kwon deciding to start elsewhere.

The concept of starter redundancy (retaining more starters than there are starting positions available) is a fan fantasy that people keep trying to speak into existence.

Werner was drafted to replace Kwon. Simple as that. And he has done so.
I’ll take your word for it. There were quite a few Kwon threads.

For all the talk about prospects needing 3 years to know what you’ve got. That’s BS and something that we tell ourselves to force ourselves into being more patient with busts. The great players almost universally show it right away. The good players typically show something their first year. Ruiz and Trautman showed us absolutely nothing year one…and big shocker…they are still not good. People tried to convince me that Turner was good after year 1, when I saw absolutely nothing. Here we are year 2 and he can’t even be active on game days. A good first season doesn’t guarantee that the player will sustain success, but a bad first season is a bad omen for things to come.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom