State and Southern Miss to announce home and home tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Touche.. No defense on my end.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. But put USM in the SEC and see what happens.. Just sayin.. We're headed up for sure.. Just wait a year or two.

Apparently Ole Miss isn't their either :smilielol:

I posted this over at Sun Herald's website.....I think this is a good thing. I am an MSU alum and I am not scared to lose to USM. Year in and year out USM is a good football program no need to feel bad if USM wins. This does show at least MSU will play the Eagles now if only Ole Miss gets on board as well. I think all three schools should play each other every year or at least every other year. I know there is the stigma of an SEC team losing to a C-USA team but let's face it Bulldog fans we can lose to anybody and we have the past few years...in reference to what someone said earlier I 'd rather lose to USM than Maine any day of the week.

I really don't feel it will make such a huge difference in the recruiting battle win or lose because if MSU is doing well they will get good recruits. The same goes for USM.

I posted this over at Sun Herald's website.....I think this is a good thing. I am an MSU alum and I am not scared to lose to USM. Year in and year out USM is a good football program no need to feel bad if USM wins. This does show at least MSU will play the Eagles now if only Ole Miss gets on board as well. I think all three schools should play each other every year or at least every other year. I know there is the stigma of an SEC team losing to a C-USA team but let's face it Bulldog fans we can lose to anybody and we have the past few years...in reference to what someone said earlier I 'd rather lose to USM than Maine any day of the week.

I really don't feel it will make such a huge difference in the recruiting battle win or lose because if MSU is doing well they will get good recruits. The same goes for USM.

Or La Tech.

But put USM in the SEC and see what happens.. Just sayin.. We're headed up for sure.. Just wait a year or two.

Yeah but USM wont ever see the SEC so :idunno:

Actually what did happen to USM? You guys had a huuuuuge head start on programs like Boise State due to your run in the 90's. And yet here you are, crossing fingers for the Liberty bowl while Boise St busts BCS series. What's up?

Actually what did happen to USM? You guys had a huuuuuge head start on programs like Boise State due to your run in the 90's. And yet here you are, crossing fingers for the Liberty bowl while Boise St busts BCS series. What's up?

Well to clear things up, im not a USM fan first.. I just went to school there because i live 20 minutes away.. But to answer your question, i have no idea (Chris P is a remarkable coach though).. I did not follow USM football until i started going to school there in 06.. And i dont think they deserve to see the SEC.. I was referring to State in my post.

Well to clear things up, im not a USM fan first.. I just went to school there because i live 20 minutes away.. But to answer your question, i have no idea (Chris P is a remarkable coach though).. I did not follow USM football until i started going to school there in 06.. And i dont think they deserve to see the SEC.. I was referring to State in my post.

oh. I'm drunk. For obvious reasons

Liberty Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Independence Bowl....it's really all the same when it comes right down to it; none of them are BCS bowls. Last time I checked, Boise St. has been to more BCS bowls than not only USM, but the Rebels as well. So, that makes Southern Miss and the Rebels even in that category. At least we have an excuse; we're in a mid-major like Boise is. No BCS for the Rebs this year; looks like that won't be changing anytime soon. :shrug:

Wow bitter?

It's obvious that Jeff Bower was stale and our program needed a change. Whats up with the trash talking? No Mississippi school can in all honestly trash talk each, and be taken serious. I'm a diehard USM fan, I know we have no bragging rights, and it must be earned. I'm not delusional. Ole Miss and MSU fans cannot trash talk us either, both teams have been the doormat more times then not. Even when Ole Miss had Eli Manning, who had over 80 td's and 10k yards passing, they still couldn't manage a conference championship. Thought Ole Miss was on the uprise then? What about last year, winning 9 games lol and being ranked 4th. How could a lowly South Carolina team pass that up? What's happened?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom