State of Decay (1 Viewer)

The Unrest Cure

Compassion is the basis of morality.
Reaction score
Anybody else interested in the zombie-apocalypse survival-action game for XBLA ... releasing on June 5th?

It looks rough, but potentially awesome.

Anybody else interested in the zombie-apocalypse survival-action game for XBLA ... releasing on June 5th?

It looks rough, but potentially awesome.

I'm definitely going to get it. Sounds like it over promises for an XBLA title, but if it is as advertised it is going to be great. I think the multiplayer is coming at a later date. It is from the lead designer of World of Warcraft.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GWymrASLIYg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It is going to sell for 1600 MSP, or $20, which is pretty high for an XBLA title, but there isn't going to be an actual "end" to the game ... it just keeps going and going. I don't know if it is a day-one purchase, but I'll pick it up when I know I have time to play it.

I do like the fact that your physical ability/stamina is limited. That should make gameplay a bit more cerebral and challenging.

Im gonna get this in Late August.
Im gonna first play Remember Me then The Last of Us.

Whomever get's this game needs to post an initial and final review for the VG board.

OXM gives it an 8 out of 10

+ Open world full of enticing structures and hidden loot; noise management adds lots of tension.

+ Appealing mix of stealth, melee, and ranged combat; weapons galore; base/character upgrades.

&#8211; Mediocre graphics; minimal story; permanence of death may bug some players.

? How come zombies can climb fences but not ladders?

Official XBOX Magazine | State of Decay review

I went ahead and got it (since I have the day off courtesy of a sick child) and my early impressions after about 1 hour in are that it is very engaging but a little wonky.

+ Very fun and surprisingly tense: zombies pop up in unexpected places
+ Heavy development of playable characters: sorta RPGish
+ Degradable weapons: I like that more than an indestructible bat
+ Paucity of weapons: if you lose your melee weapon, look hard to replace it
+ AI is generally good: keep your NPCs with you, they help out a lot
+/- No tutorial: you just jump right in, which I like
- Wonky controls: the camera is difficult to get the hang of
- Animation issues: clipping
- Some AI problems: sometimes NPCs get stuck in doorways
- Controller issues: controls are not always responsive to input

I'm guessing it will see a patch soon for those minor issues. On the whole, the gameplay is good and I'll keep playing it. Seems like decent value for 1600 MSP so far. I haven't killed my first character yet, so it seems pretty well balanced: moderately easy if you stay alert and are patient. The few times I ran around and got lackadaisical I nearly got offed.

I went ahead and got it (since I have the day off courtesy of a sick child) and my early impressions after about 1 hour in are that it is very engaging but a little wonky.

+ Very fun and surprisingly tense: zombies pop up in unexpected places
+ Heavy development of playable characters: sorta RPGish
+ Degradable weapons: I like that more than an indestructible bat
+ Paucity of weapons: if you lose your melee weapon, look hard to replace it
+ AI is generally good: keep your NPCs with you, they help out a lot
+/- No tutorial: you just jump right in, which I like
- Wonky controls: the camera is difficult to get the hang of
- Animation issues: clipping
- Some AI problems: sometimes NPCs get stuck in doorways
- Controller issues: controls are not always responsive to input

I'm guessing it will see a patch soon for those minor issues. On the whole, the gameplay is good and I'll keep playing it. Seems like decent value for 1600 MSP so far. I haven't killed my first character yet, so it seems pretty well balanced: moderately easy if you stay alert and are patient. The few times I ran around and got lackadaisical I nearly got offed.

Thanks bra.

I downloaded. Seeming to get strong reviews. This is the type of zombie game that has needed to be made.

Still really enjoying this game now that I've actually been able to spend more than 30 minutes with it. It's a stressful game though.

Any strategies that yall are finding work well?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom