State of the League Address (April 2008) (1 Viewer)

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
Well this is way overdue. With the NFL draft right around the corner, I wanted to get this started again. I am ready for some football!

First off, the draft will be the weekend of Labor Day. Mark your calenders now. The draft will be on Sunday, August 31, 2008. Time and place to be announced later.

OK, no new fees for this year. The league fee is still $50 per team for each league. HOWEVER, we will be going online next year. Therefore, I will charge a $10 fee to cover the cost of going online. So this year it will be $60 if you play in one league, and $120 if you play in both leagues.

Yes, we will be going online this year. Finally, some of you might say! It took Chris to come over here and show me what it was like. Now, I am convinced. As long as Chris agrees to set it up, that is! We will be using CBS Sportsline for the online site. I tried it last year and I liked it. If you dont have a computer, like Jonathon, I can still input the lineup in for you.

I want to stilll utilize this website. This is where you can make predictions, talk trash, suggest trades, all that good stuff. This is where you will also post the players that you want to keep when the time comes.

Speaking of which, after much thought, I have decided that we are going to keep SEVEN (7) players in the keeper league. We are going to have 16 man rosters in both leagues. In the keeper league, we will be keeping 7 players and drafting 9 more for a total of 16 players. I thought 6 was not enough but 8 was too many. So 7 is the number. Now, some of you have extra draft picks because of trades. If you have two picks in round one, for example, you CAN if you want keep only 6 players since you are drafting 10 more. You still will have a total of 16. So you can keep less that 7 players if you want to. You just cant keep more.

Other rule changes: A touchdown pass is now worth 4 points (up from 3).
A running back and wide reciever will now get a point for every 10 yards gained. (this was 20 yards in years past).
I decided against doing the flex position. I like a traditional roster. So you will still start, in both leagues, 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 def/spec teams. That is 9 starters. The other 7 players you draft can be from any position that you want.
Also: No deduction of points for interceptions thrown, fumbles or anything else. No deduction of points, period.

There will no longer be a free pick up rule for kickers and defenses!!! So you may want to draft 2 kickers and 2 defenses. But....you will be allowed to make TWO (2) pickups ever week now. So if your kicker is off this week but there is also a running back you want to pick up, no problem! You can have 2 pickups! But if your kicker and defense are both off the same week but you also want a running back...tough. TWO pick ups per week.

The way this weill work is...same as before. Wednesday night is pick up night. The team with the worst record has the right for the pickup. You are only allowed ONE of your pickups on Wednesday night. Then, on Friday (or Saturday) you can make another pickup. The second pick up you make will be first come first served, as long as you wait till Friday. So, what you should o is grad your running back or quarterback on Wednesday night, and then pick up you kicker or defense on Friday. I hope that makes sense and seems fair. Chris, I hope you can set that up for me. If not I will have to do it by hand.

What else? I guess that covers most of it. I would like your 7 players that you want to KEEP in no later than August 20. That still gives you four months! I will start a post for that sometime next month.

Also, please try to pay on draft day. If you cant, I understand. Things happen, belive me I know. But we still have one person that still hasnt paid from last year! That isnt cool. This person can not play this year or make any trades until he pays for last year. I think that is fair. I wont mention who he is but he knows who it is. If you want to play this year you need to pay me for both leagues by August!!

So I am really excited about this year. I told you all that if you made suggestions that I would listen, and that I am flexible. See, we are finally going online! Please feel free to make any comments, complaints, suggestion or anything else in the spave below. Your feedback is very important and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Until next time...and I cant wait until the NFL draft in 10 more days! By the way, I am hoping that the Eagles can draft Malcolm Kelly, the WR from Oklahoma with the 19th pick. They upgraded the cornerback and defensive end positons, but still need reciver help! We shall see.

Dick Butkus
Stephen Grodsky
Greenie
The Commish

Last edited:

Destroyer IV

Reaction score
Someone has not paid!? Stephen, you are much to nice, don't change that. I am afraid if you have not recieved payment yet, you will not recieve payment. Tell this person that if you do not recieve payment, you will post thier name on the BB. He will pay then, I bet.

Pay up!

Jerry

Reaction score
Yeah Steve , you need to get a lil more strict this year ..

That is b.s.

As for my 7 , I dont even know my team anymore , tell me those rules in August lol ..

OP
OP

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
Sure thing.

As for your seven keeps, the updated keeper league roster is still posted at the top of the board. That should be your current roster. Pick seven players from there that you want to keep.

As for the person who hasnt paid yet, I think he will pay, becuase he is also in the keeper league. I dont think he wants me to sell his keeper league team. But just in case, I may need to find a new owner!

OP
OP

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
Yeah Trey said if you need a owner in the keeper he will take a team over
Kay

OP
OP

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
A few more things that I wanted to touch on:

In the KEEPER LEAGUE ONLY, we will also do a Injured Reserve spot. If you have an elite player, like a Deuce McCallister or Ronnie Brown last year, and he is OFFICIALLY put on injured reserve, you can elect to put that player on the IR list for the remainder of the season. So, in the online system, you can "drop" him, and no one else can pick him up. This allows you to make another pickup without having to tie up a roster spot for this player. This can only be done ONCE a year however.

As stated earlier, we are going to keep 7 players in the keeper league and draft 9 more.

We will NOT be doing the flex position in either league. Standard lineups still.

I am giving the person who hasnt paid from last year until August 1, 2008 to pay for last year. If he does not, I will be putting his team up for sale then. So if you play in the big league and may want to buy it, be thinking it over.

More to come.

Commish

OP
OP

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
Just a breif update.

To the person who has not paid from last year - you know who you are. You have a deadline of August 1 to pay me in full from last year. Otherwise, I will be forced to sell your keeper leage team. I already have an interested owner ready to buy it. If you want to keep your team, you need to send me some money pronto.

Also, I am going to pay the online fee for the league next week. This is coming out of my pocket before draft day. So please everyone try to pay your fee on draft day so I can pay muself back for this. Just so you know, the online league fee is $129.99 per league. I am only charging an extra ten dollars for the online fee. Ten dollars times 12 players is $120, so I am paying the extra $9.99 myself. You can thank for me later.

Draft day is coming up so be thinking of your 7 players that you want to keep in the keeper league.

I have been informed that we may not be able to use Mr. Roo's as a draft site this year. If anyone know of a great place to hold a draft, please suggest one/

More to come soon.

Commish

OP
OP

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
OK here is the latest.

The Draft will be at Mr. Roo's like in the past. But there will be a few conditions. The place was recently renovated, and I need to be sure it stays that way. So, we can have it there, and we will, BUT:

1) No smoking in the resteraunt! If you have to smoke, you will need to go outside to do so.
2) We cant tape anything to the walls. I will have posters there to show who everybody kept in the keeper league, but I cant tape them to the wall. Just go up there and write down who kept who. Once the draft starts, you will need to keep up with who got picked. We will have the draft board for the big league, so no worries there.
3) If possible, no kids please. Like I said, I need to keep the place looking like it was. I dont want to be have to stay and clean up a mess. So, if possible, try and get a babysitter. I will have Ryan there, but he is my assistant, who places the picks on the draft board.

OK so we are good there. The draft will be at Mr. Roo's again. It will be held on Sunday, August 31. Rememer, the fee is $60 per team per league to cover the online fee.

More to come.

mtnoodle

Reaction score
Thanks 4 not mentioning my name. I have not forgotten my broke ways. i will clear my debt by august.

OP
OP

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
Thanks Michael. I have you counted in. Just be sure you pay for last year AND this year on draft day.

We may have another opening in the keeper league. This is tenative. Will let you know as things progress. Trey and Tommy have arleady expressed interest. Thanks.

Draft will be at Mr. Roo's again. Keeper league for 11:00 and big league to follow, probably around 1:00.

Please pay on draft day!! Thanks.

OP
OP

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
We are OK in the keeper league. Both leagues, in fact. Joey will not be able to attend this years draft because he will be out of town. He will still be playing in the keeper league. Tommy has agreed to draft for him, since he does not play in the keeper league. Or, I gave Joey the option to trade away his top draft picks for players. That way, he can fill out his roster when he gets back, like Brad did last year after he missed the draft.

It will be too hard to the big league over the phone and by text messages. For this year only, Zook has agreed to play in the big league. That will be for this year only. Next year, Joey will resume playing in the big league.

Its almost August, so be thinking about the players you want to keep in the keeper league. The big league is already online on CBS. The keeper league will be on there shortly.

OP
OP

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
Talked to Zook last night. He agreed to play in the big league if I needed him too. However, only if I needed him too. So, if Brad, August or Jerome wants to play in the big league for this year, a spot is open. If not, Zook said he would agree to play for just this one year. Just let me know on draft day.

I expect everyone to be there for the keeper league.

OP
OP

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
Quick update.

It looks like Joey MAY be in town for the draft after all. Will have to wait and see on that one. Good deal if he can make it.

Miachael dropped off the money he owed for the league from last year to me last night. Now that he has paid in full, he is fully reinstated into both leagues. So it looks like the gans all here.

Be thinking of the 7 players that you want to keep. I would like to have them posted by August 26.

For those who didnt see it on the scoring update, I changed the shutout for a defense from 5 points to 10 points, since shutouts dont happen that often.

More to come. Only 4 weeks until draft day.

Stephen

metropolis

Reaction score
Nice,I like the 10 points for a shut out! I think there was only 2 or 3 last season.
Now,can u please make this Brett Favre stuff just end comish!LOL

OP
OP

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
Just a quick update!!

The keeper league is now online on the CBS site. You should have gotten then link in your email. If not, let me know. You will need to set up your user name so you can set your roster, etc. Make sure that you are able to access both leagues online before the draft. If you are having trouble with it we can help you get set up on draft day. Much thanks to Chris for setting this online for us.

Also, try to post your seven (7) players that you want to keep in the next couple of days on the site. I want everyone to know who has been kept and who will be available a few days before the draft so they will be prepared.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom