Video State of the Saints Podcast: I’m Over Aaron Glenn (1 Viewer)

No numbers, but it seems to me that Williams has regressed. His strength in college was his instincts. As a rookie, he looked like a foundation player. No longer. I think coaching is a factor. And I am not sure he ever fully recovered mentally from the last play of the Minnesota playoff game.

He got valid points.

He pointed out some obvious things but in no way tied it to coaching or made a good argument that the issues are the fault of Glenn... as a matter of fact, makes the argument that somehow Williams inability to tackle aggressively is Glenn’s fault but the Gardner Johnson is somehow a reflection on coaching. Those players were those players when they were in college. Williams was not and will never become an aggressive tackler, that’s not what he is. CGJ is the same guy he was in college... AMAZING he lasted as long as he did AND transitioned as quickly as he did.

I’ll say that I see no evidence that they’ve regressed. 1st, Lattimore was the 1st above “solid” CB we’ve seen in a saint uniform, maybe ever. Because of that, I think the expectations were lower and now they’re very high and if he allows a catch, fans are wondering what happen to him.

Williams plays free safety... extremely difficult, unless you know his assignment and have access to all 22 to be able to really tell how he’s doing but received very high grades all year. Where is the argument that he’s regressed?

The fact of the matter is we lost a key component of our pass rush which contributed to QB’s having more time and more success...

Sure, the dbs had their share of failures but to try to dump it on Glenn then try to make the argument that he’s responsible for everything bad is just a stretch to create a narrative.

I watched the video and there was no compelling argument made. There were plays given up And a finger pointed with no compelling argument IMHO

Ok I will bite...we just explained to you how each player has digressed since their rookie year Marcus Williams and M Lattimore both had their best years as rookies and have taken steps backwards.. PJ has hit a wall with his growth...CGJ is balling bc he is a ballhawk that never needed much coaching he was doing it in college

So your turn to explain to us how the secondary has gotten better from a coaching perspective? I ask this because you claim we are trying to find a scapegoat lol

I’ll say that I see no evidence that they’ve regressed. 1st, Lattimore was the 1st above “solid” CB we’ve seen in a saint uniform, maybe ever. Because of that, I think the expectations were lower and now they’re very high and if he allows a catch, fans are wondering what happen to him.

Williams plays free safety... extremely difficult, unless you know his assignment and have access to all 22 to be able to really tell how he’s doing but received very high grades all year. Where is the argument that he’s regressed?

The fact of the matter is we lost a key component of our pass rush which contributed to QB’s having more time and more success...

Sure, the dbs had their share of failures but to try to dump it on Glenn then try to make the argument that he’s responsible for everything bad is just a stretch to create a narrative.

I watched the video and there was no compelling argument made. There were plays given up And a finger pointed with no compelling argument IMHO

First of all I never dumped it on Glenn to begin with. Get your facts straight. This was my first post

I knew what kind of player Glenn was and man was he great, but it's a different animal "playing" great than is "teaching" great. I honestly don't know who's fault it is Glenn or player wise but we have to get this worked out. Marcus Williams is in his 3rd year and looks more lost than his rookie year, all with the same coaches every year. We have to be progressing not getting worse. PJ has pretty much hit a wall in his growth, still can't locate football and grab grab grab. Lattimore like M Williams's best year was his rookie year again. These players all should be improving. And I am not letting Dennis Allen off the hook either he made his bread teaching secondary before he got promoted, so he should be overseeing this part of his defense as well.

The part in bold seems pretty clear

Second of all by your own argument that no one can tell if there is improvement due to not having the all 22 tape and not knowing the assignment, how is that you know? lol

I'm not mad at it. Something isn't right. You can't get consistently beat on deep shots.

1st, I don’t even know who you are or why you’re being so sensitive, if this was your 1st post, you might want to develop some thicker skin cuz if you’re upset with my response, wait til some of these guys get on you.

My comments were directed to the video...

First of all I never dumped it on Glenn to begin with. Get your facts straight. This was my first post

I knew what kind of player Glenn was and man was he great, but it's a different animal "playing" great than is "teaching" great. I honestly don't know who's fault it is Glenn or player wise but we have to get this worked out. Marcus Williams is in his 3rd year and looks more lost than his rookie year, all with the same coaches every year. We have to be progressing not getting worse. PJ has pretty much hit a wall in his growth, still can't locate football and grab grab grab. Lattimore like M Williams's best year was his rookie year again. These players all should be improving. And I am not letting Dennis Allen off the hook either he made his bread teaching secondary before he got promoted, so he should be overseeing this part of his defense as well.

The part in bold seems pretty clear

Second of all by your own argument that no one can tell if there is improvement due to not having the all 22 tape and not knowing the assignment, how is that you know? lol

1st, I don’t even know who you are or why you’re being so sensitive, if this was your 1st post, you might want to develop some thicker skin cuz if you’re upset with my response, wait til some of these guys get on you.

My comments were directed to the video...

Well don't say I was putting all the blame on Glenn and use my personal quote in your silly reference if that's not what I said, when in fact I didn't put the blame on anyone.
Has nothing to do with thick skin big guy. Just putting your foot in your mouth.

You say no one can say if a player is regressing because we do not have the all 22 film and we do not have the player's assignment. Fair enough. So how is it you can say a player is improving by the same token? You telling us your the next Rev breaking down film on here?

No man... now that you’ve cleared it up, you not overly sensitive at all... my bad! ?

Well don't say I was putting all the blame on Glenn and use my personal quote in your silly reference if that's not what I said, when in fact I didn't put the blame on anyone.
Has nothing to do with thick skin big guy. Just putting your foot in your mouth.

You say no one can say if a player is regressing because we do not have the all 22 film and we do not have the player's assignment. Fair enough. So how is it you can say a player is improving by the same token? You telling us your the next Rev breaking down film on here?

Glenn's defensive boss is more of the overall issue here.

I have very little "issue" with Aaron as our positions coach.
ARE U KIDDING ME !!! It’s obvious that most of our dbs don’t turn around and look for the ball and that’s why we can’t make a play on it and we get so many penalties that have cost us games . That my friend is technique that should be taught by position coach and especially one who’s played the position himself . I hope Glenn is fired because we’re getting tired of seeing the same mistakes over n over again that costs us games . It’s time for a change with players n coaches that’s not doing their jobs .

Aaron Glenn has nothing to do with the in game play or play calling. He's there to teach craft, skills and technique at the CB position

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom