Video State of the Saints Podcast: I’m Over Aaron Glenn (1 Viewer)

I knew what kind of player Glenn was and man was he great, but it's a different animal "playing" great than is "teaching" great. I honestly don't know who's fault it is Glenn or player wise but we have to get this worked out. Marcus Williams is in his 3rd year and looks more lost than his rookie year, all with the same coaches every year. We have to be progressing not getting worse. PJ has pretty much hit a wall in his growth, still can't locate football and grab grab grab. Lattimore like M Williams's best year was his rookie year again. These players all should be improving. And I am not letting Dennis Allen off the hook either he made his bread teaching secondary before he got promoted, so he should be overseeing this part of his defense as well.

I'm pretty sure Marcus Williams should have been over the top. You can't put that on the coach. If you're going to put the blame on Aaron Gleen then you have to put some on Sean Payton too. The defense played well enough to win the game. The Saints offense is not winning many games scoring only 20 pts.

I don’t think the Saint one high safety system fits Williams very well. He lines up 20 yards off the ball in the middle of the field and is asked to react left, right or up to cover. In this day of QBs looking off safeties, it’s almost impossible for him to cover for everybody in all directions. For instance on the pass to Theilen in OT he was looking right while ball went left to Theilen, He is either too slow to react A LOT, or Saints system is too hard for him to play. Add in the poor tackling and he just doesn’t bring much value.

It seems like we’re trying to find a scapegoat.

Ok I will bite...we just explained to you how each player has digressed since their rookie year Marcus Williams and M Lattimore both had their best years as rookies and have taken steps backwards.. PJ has hit a wall with his growth...CGJ is balling bc he is a ballhawk that never needed much coaching he was doing it in college

So your turn to explain to us how the secondary has gotten better from a coaching perspective? I ask this because you claim we are trying to find a scapegoat lol

. The man is right , it is a glitch in our coaching style. Do yall remember when Crabtree caught the ball after Vaccarro covered Vernon Davis on a shallow crossing route. Same thing with Marcus Williams. How about the Malcolm Jenkins missed tackle on Vernon Davis, CGJ whiffed the same way on Kittles. These are horrible cases of Deja Vu. Marcus Williams is a liability because he lost confidence. If you notice his technique was bad because he made a beeline to Stefan Diggs probably saying to himself " No Minnesota Miracle Today!!!!" His situational ball skills have become a seriously bad situation!!!!

I don’t think the Saint one high safety system fits Williams very well. He lines up 20 yards off the ball in the middle of the field and is asked to react left, right or up to cover. In this day of QBs looking off safeties, it’s almost impossible for him to cover for everybody in all directions. For instance on the pass to Theilen in OT he was looking right while ball went left to Theilen, He is either too slow to react A LOT, or Saints system is too hard for him to play. Add in the poor tackling and he just doesn’t bring much value.

Do you know if more of his busts happen in man or zone?

The fact that our secondary does not or won't look back for the ball, leading to an abundance of defensive P.I.s, is reason for me to get off the bandwagon.

It's a constant theme for years. And it doesn't change.

I'm okay going in a different direction.

To make matters worse, we may have lost our best defensive coach in Nolan. I know he coached a different position group (LBs, not DBs), but I am nervous about how Allen's D will play without Nolan around to help guide the ship.

To make matters worse, we may have lost our best defensive coach in Nolan. I know he coached a different position group (LBs, not DBs), but I am nervous about how Allen's D will play without Nolan around to help guide the ship.

We let the wrong fish go lol. Nolan had no business being a position coach and McCarthy knew that

Ok I will bite...we just explained to you how each player has digressed since their rookie year Marcus Williams and M Lattimore both had their best years as rookies and have taken steps backwards.. PJ has hit a wall with his growth...CGJ is balling bc he is a ballhawk that never needed much coaching he was doing it in college

So your turn to explain to us how the secondary has gotten better from a coaching perspective? I ask this because you claim we are trying to find a scapegoat lol

Bells gotten better. Lattimore, based on the law of gravity, had to regress. How has Marcus Williams regressed? He couldn’t tackle and took bad angles as a rookie (see Minnesota Miracle). Objective ratings say that he has improved, though he still experiences lapses. He hadn’t regressed. CGJ got better as the season went on. PJ Williams was never very good. Patrick Robinson is an established vet who played pretty well this season.

Bells gotten better. Lattimore, based on the law of gravity, had to regress. How has Marcus Williams regressed? He couldn’t tackle and took bad angles as a rookie (see Minnesota Miracle). Objective ratings say that he has improved, though he still experiences lapses. He hadn’t regressed. CGJ got better as the season went on. PJ Williams was never very good. Patrick Robinson is an established vet who played pretty well this season.

Meh Marcus Williams hasn't regressed ? lmao gonna stop there. He is like Stevie Wonder in coverage. When most of your players have great rookie years and get worse as years go by it's hard to sugar coat the coaching there...I get that you are trying lol

Meh Marcus Williams hasn't regressed ? lmao gonna stop there. He is like Stevie Wonder in coverage. When most of your players have great rookie years and get worse as years go by it's hard to sugar coat the coaching there...I get that you are trying lol

I dont think that you understand what the word regression means. You can argue that he’s always been bad, but he hadn’t gotten worse.

I felt the same way when the team had Vitt as the Lb coach

I dont think that you understand what the word regression means. You can argue that he’s always been bad, but he hadn’t gotten worse.

The definition of regression is quite simple not playing that game with you. If you honestly believe he has improved we agree to disagree, there is a reason you are in the minority

His rookie year he had 7 Passes defended and 4 interceptions starting 15 games, 2018 he starts 16 and has total of 3 passes defended and 2 picks. If thats not regression it's you who needs a Webster my friend. And the bad angles and him being out of position is beyond noticeable on tape

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom