State of the VG board (1 Viewer)

I made this thread today to discuss the state of this once great place known as the video game board. I for one just don't understand what happened here. An example would be that last night I log on to Xbox live. I see Widge and Uproar are online. I think to myself I wonder what they are playing? Halo 4? Battlefield 3? Black Ops 2? You can imagine my surprise when I look and see that neither of them are playing a game where you can shoot people with guns. No they were both "enjoying the view" together in a Minecraft game. I could only imagine the little house they were building together and them fighting over what kind of floor it would have. :covri:

Then I see not one but two EVE online threads talking about how awesome a 2000 deep nerd fest battle was.

Seriously though. Why doesn't anyone play BF3 anymore???

Personally, I'm just bored with everything out there. Blops 2 kind of sucks and I'm burned out on BF3. Like Optimist said, everything out is just a retread. I keep hoping something cool comes out, but it never happens anymore. Minecraft is really just a time filler for me. It's a good little game and at least it's new, but it's gotten a bit old at this point.

Plus, Uproar can't quit me.

current gen consoles have been boring me to death with the same games, version *.0 (insert overhyped adjective) edition.

ive been collecting old cartridge games for the past year, and re-living my childhood memories while i wait for one of the current console companies to give me something good.

I've always been picky about what games I'd buy. It's why I like to go back and find Game's of the Year that I never played that came out a few years ago and pick them up for cheap. It's not a retread for me, I skipped the original. haha.

But even on some of those "great games' I do find too many similarities. I'm playing Uncharted 2 now. It's basically Assassin's Creed II with a mixture of Metal Gear Solid and a little Batman Arkham ____.

Even my old friend's, the RPG aren't really doing it for me, with a few exceptions.

I didn't even bother with Black Ops II.. since it's just the same crap for $60 more. I'm sticking with BF3.

Bioware, despite their EA'ness, is probably the only gaming company that's holding my attention well. I actually liked Dragon Age II and all of the Mass Effects.

...I could only imagine the little house they were building together and them fighting over what kind of floor it would have...
You'd be surprised. Actually... You needn't be surprised. You're welcome to join the parties any old time like you did in the past.

Realistically? The minecraft thing is hard to explain. It's just different... it's a 'what happens if I do this' type scenario. The physics, engineering, etc. are the best part for me, but there are many layers. to the game... Kinda like an onion, or ogre. Layers. :9:

Over the last few nights, I've been perfecting the TNT cannons, double-barrel, long-range, reloading cannons, etc. and then the fire-arrow shooting Gatling gun... That was probably one of my favorites.

Seriously though. Why doesn't anyone play BF3 anymore???
BF3 got old mang... Then blops2 & halo4 came out, and we moved onto those... Halo was a flop-fest, and I don't get the secret handshake that must be accomplished before actually killing someone. Everyone talks 'team kill!', 'team kill!', but that's really not my style. Never has been unfortunately, and my gameplay usually suffers because I don't always play well with others.

Then blops2... It wasn't quite blops1, but it was worlds better than MW3. I got 'proficient' at blops2, but then the updates came, and inevitably, random lag would start to show up... I could go 24:3 in one game, and then 8:22 the next game. Against the same people. You'd get lulled into a sense of normalcy, and you'd do good for 4-5 games, but then a bunch of scrubs would bend you over and have their way with you, and don't get me started on shooting first, only to have the kill-cam show a different story. I'm talking to the point where I'd shoot someone, die, and then on the kill cam, I didn't even die to the guy shooting me, but instead a 2nd person, who wasn't even on my screen, was the guy who actually killed me... Mind bottling my friend...

So... BF3. We just never got back to that one... Inevitably, I'd probably go back, but now I've got a stack of about 20-30 titles that I've been picking up over the last few months, and I'd like to eventually play through those.

But then I've come to realize that I'm probably getting burned out on games (this happens every 2-3 years for me), and I actually started pulling out some of the old airplane plans to go build/fly.

Talk about fun... Want better than a video game? That's true hand-eye coordination, and the combat is more fun than anything you'll get on a game.

Real life dog fighting, knocking the other guy's plane out of the air with your propeller.

Good times...

But yeah... I'll jump on BF3 again soon. If for no other reason than to not have to read another thread like this on a Monday morning. Makes my heart hurt to read your pain you dirty old *******.

I'm playing Uncharted 2 now. It's basically Assassin's Creed II with a mixture of Metal Gear Solid and a little Batman Arkham ____.

it's nothing like those games

and ODB, i still play BF3 nearly every day

Anita I finally hooked the ole PS3 up again the other day and I saw you playing BF3. I was gonna join you but for some reason I'm just not good at the game on PS3. I'm pretty good on Xbox but hand me a PS3 controller and I struggle. I think it's the controller itself. Never like PS3 controllers...never will.

Uproar reading itself probably makes your head hurt.

Me and my whopping .44 K/D ratio were playing BF3 last night.

I use the term "playing" loosely; it consisted mostly of me trying to get my erratic aiming more consistent and then dying repeatedly. Still it was more fun than Blops 2, and a whole lot less laggy than MoHW. Although playing 500% tickets on Metro where you are pushed back across the river and just get sniped repeatedly does suck.

I see you online but I never see you playing BF3. You should come play with us though. I've made friends with a couple of these Europeans over here that play and I promise if you sqaud up with us you won't lose. You may be kicked from a few games for lighting up the admin and his stacked team (by that I mean usually you will find that the admins team is full of lvl 100s) but we don't lose much.

PS3???? I thought you were an X-Box 360 guy.

Send me your PSNID and I'll look for you next time I get on BF3.

PS3???? I thought you were an X-Box 360 guy.

Send me your PSNID and I'll look for you next time I get on BF3.

dwittke on ps3

antipop504 on 360

i play BF3 on the ps3 and i would play Blops2 on teh 360 but people would rather play virtual Bob the Builder

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom