State & Saints enter preliminary negotiations for long-term deal -- new stadium likely off the table (1 Viewer)

muzzy

Explosive
Reaction score
State/Saints preliminary negotiations - new stadium likely off the table

Mike Conti Reporting
WWL 870 AM

While the state continues to negotiate for a long term lease extention with the Hornets, efforts are also getting underway to keep the Saints in New Orleans beyond the expiration of their contract in 2010.

Superdome Commission Chair Ron Forman says representatives from the state and the Saints are now talking.

"Some conversations have begun," said Forman. "And we're eager to get to a long term agreement."

http://wwl.com/State---Saints-preliminary-negotations---new-stadi/1818578

Last edited:
Thank god....

Just please don't build a new stadium. Upgrade the Dome! The best location of any stadium in America....

this would be the biggest offseason accomplishment hands down

Get this damn thing done Mr. Forman. If Jindal does the hat trick at saving the Hornets AND the Saints signed up long term, he is hands down the best governor since Russell Long, Mckeithen and Hale Boggs, the men who got this team to the area all along in the 60's.

I really feel it boys, we are the cusp of something very special. After many years of wringing our hands in the air, it looks it is going to happen.
Who dat Who damn dat say gonna beat them Saints.

Last edited:
Whoooooooo Hoooooooo DATTTTTTTTTT......

Great news, i don't EVER want a new stadium anyways, the Dome is the sickest thing ever... have you ever passed by anyone walking into/out of the dome for the 1st time.... it's almost religious, you WILL go back.... i mean it's walking distance for the Quarter, and the biggest party street in the U.S. and in the heart of the city.... unless they wanna tear it down and build a "MEGA SUPER DOME" in the exact same spot, i say leave it be...

I want to go to the Dome.
I hope this ensures that.
Anyway it is in an amazing position, no where else have I seen a stadium slap bang in the middle of a city, I hope it stays that way.

I don't really care for the Dome as a stadium, it's cool for nostalgic reasons because that's all I've ever known, but that's beside the point. The most important thing is a long term deal so I'm not worried about a new stadium in the near future(although they did say possibly in 15-20 years which is fine with me).

I don't really care for the Dome as a stadium, it's cool for nostalgic reasons because that's all I've ever known, but that's beside the point. The most important thing is a long term deal so I'm not worried about a new stadium in the near future(although they did say possibly in 15-20 years which is fine with me).

No kidding... I love the dome and the location, but it is in serious need of an upgrade. It's like walking into a time warp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom