Statistics don't tell full story of Tyeler Davison's value to Saints defense - NOLA (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Really nice write up on Davison. It explains how his college wrestling is helping him in the NFL, his off season workouts and his mental toughness. What's not to like about this guy and be excited about his future as a Saint.

"It's definitely a little bit of a dirty job, that nose guard position," Davison said. "You're in there at the heart of the trenches, so you're going to be taking on a lot of double teams - deuce blocks - and fighting against the center and guard the entire game.

"
You're going to catch a lot of double teams on pass pro, too. You're not going to have a good angle to work with to get a good pass rush, it is a little bit of a dirty job and a little bit thankless. But, that's my job and I have to do it to the best of my ability."

His selfless mentality impresses defensive coordinator Dennis Allen.

"You have to be an unselfish guy to play that position," Allen said. "We're asking him to do a lot of things that most people on the team wouldn't want to do.

"He takes on a lot of double teams and does a lot of the dirty work inside and eats up a lot of blocks so that the linebackers are able to make some plays. It certainly takes an unselfish guy to play that position."

enjoy!
Statistics don't tell full story of Tyeler Davison's value to Saints defense | NOLA.com

Davison was a monster pickup in the 5th round.

He was a great pick. A really great pick. Young, strong, professional, unselfish. I'm ashamed to admit Tyeler wasn't on my board - or at least, not high on it. So I never saw this pick coming. I was more into Billings in the 1st.

Tyeler Davison, you've got a fan right here.

His stamina should be there - avg contact on a football play is 3-5 seconds. A wrestling round is 2 minutes (3rounds with 1 minute breaks in between)
40 yd dash vs 800 meter race

He was a great pick and a great value. However, he has been somewhat inconsistent this year. I suspect he will continue to get better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom