Stats for Perspective: The Numbers Behind a Three game road trip (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
This stat is from 2017:

- In the last ten years, teams are 35-69 straight up in the 3rd game of a three game road trip. Only 33% of teams win that last road game in such a stretch.

This stat is from 2011 but the sample is so large that it's likely not changed much:

- From 1990 to 2011, there were 128 three game road trips. Of those, 89 (70%) went 1-2 or worse. Only 7% of teams went 3-0.

Going 2-1 over this stretch, with all the OL injuries to boot, was still impressive.

and the one loss was by 3. not like saints have gotten whooped in any game. bucs felt like a whooping but they did come back to only lose by one possession.

I'm pretty excited for when we we go home this Sunday

i just dont understand the thought process of some fans.

2 weeks into the season, it was DA. 10 weeks later Drew has something wrong, SP cant call plays to save his life. Meanwhile we had 3 olinemen replaced by the 3rd quarter - THREE.

Ran the ball for 140 yards. Defense BALLED OUT and its still not good enough.

Its like the rest of the NFL doesnt exist. Opponents all suck no matter how hard or good they play.

I would wager that if we win the SB, there will be a thread on here complaining HOW we won.

i just dont understand the thought process of some fans.

2 weeks into the season, it was DA. 10 weeks later Drew has something wrong, SP cant call plays to save his life. Meanwhile we had 3 olinemen replaced by the 3rd quarter - THREE.

Ran the ball for 140 yards. Defense BALLED OUT and its still not good enough.

Its like the rest of the NFL doesnt exist. Opponents all suck no matter how hard or good they play.

I would wager that if we win the SB, there will be a thread on here complaining HOW we won.

lmao!

We tend to suffer for 3 hours and over react after. When things are, we are unbeatable. When things are bad, then Payton and Allen must go.

Let's put this in perspective: We have the toughest schedule for any team since week 5, we have lost only one game since.

Look at the quality wins: Vikings, Ravens, Rams, Eagles, Panthers.

We finished our "away" schedule with a whopping 7-1. Most of the talking heads are still saying we don't travel well. Sigh.

As any team, we had our share of injuries, not as bad as previous years, but a couple of very important ones in Armstead and Ginn.

And look at our depth, we have the best record playing with many first and second year players.

More then worried about our offense, I am in a way thankful of the last 3 weeks. Games like these build toughness in a team. When the playoff comes, we should expect more games like these ones.

and the one loss was by 3. not like saints have gotten whooped in any game. bucs felt like a whooping but they did come back to only lose by one possession.
The win last night is impressive in light of being 3rd road game. The Dallas loss however was the 1st game in the stretch. That, I think, was more of a matchup issue with Dallas D and the offense not being able to adjust.

Panthers D is similar to Dallas D with great linebackers... Saints need Tedd Ginn (badly) or Kirkwood to become another goto guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom