Stats we're happy about... (1 Viewer)

Mark Ingram: Over 1000 yds rushing (1043)

Drew Brees: Over 5000 yds passing (5208)

Brandin Cooks: Over 1000 yds receiving (1173)

Michael Thomas: Over 1000 yds receiving (1137)

Craig Robertson: Over 100 tackles (114)

Week 17, on the road, Saints were DOWN 38-13 in the 3rd quarter. Didn't make excuses or say DIE! Closed the margin to 38-32.

Matt Ryan: Under 5000 yds passing (4944) :ezbill:

:gosaints:

all great, do wish Robertson could cover a bit better

Thnks OP for pointing out the positive. An Oline tweak, continue the young agressive D trend, some x injury luck, A NEW SPECIAL TEAMS COACH, and we're on our way.

The Saints' only loss to a losing team all season was to the defending NFC champs, who they also beat. The other 8 losses were teams with winning records. They also beat 2 teams with winning records. On average, less than half of the teams in the NFL have a winning record, not 10/16 (62.5%). Of course, sometimes you have bad luck, but luck matters. For example, 13-3 can be a #1 seed (this year, 2009) or a #3 seed (2011).

With cap room, draft picks and regression to the mean in scheduling, the Saints should improve even if the current players don't actually improve, which they hopefully will.

Way too much logic for some around here. But I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Those stats really highlight just how bad the defense and special teams are. A shut-down corner and/or a double-digit sack artist would would the defense around and put this team over the top.
I'm gonna go with a speed rusher would make a world of difference. We have the corners, when healthy.

Those stats really highlight just how bad the defense and special teams are. A shut-down corner and/or a double-digit sack artist would would the defense around and put this team over the top.

I'd say the Special Teams cost us 3 games, the offense cost us 3 games and the defense cost us 3 games.

We are 3 calls and a couple plays out of the playoffs.

The Saints' only loss to a losing team all season was to the defending NFC champs, who they also beat. The other 8 losses were teams with winning records. They also beat 2 teams with winning records. On average, less than half of the teams in the NFL have a winning record, not 10/16 (62.5%). Of course, sometimes you have bad luck, but luck matters. For example, 13-3 can be a #1 seed (this year, 2009) or a #3 seed (2011).

With cap room, draft picks and regression to the mean in scheduling, the Saints should improve even if the current players don't actually improve, which they hopefully will.

:potd:

Spot on analysis. :9:

:gosaints:

The stat that I'm happy about is not a recorded stat, but a visual stat. I saw a team this season that didn't give up, didn't cave and didn't throw in the towel at the end of the season, even though they new they were out of the playoffs. They went out and played for PRIDE! Yes they came up short yesterday but there was no quit in them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom