Stay classy Florida - road rage (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
BTW, video of girl with gun in link.

My cousin had a gun pulled on her on Claiborne Avenue for honking at someone who cut her off. She called the cops with the vehicle description and license plate number. Their response? "I'm sure it was just road rage."

The article confuses me on who the "victim" is.

Someone points a gun at you, you disarm them and strike them. Now they're the victim?

Oh, Florida. I can't stay mad at you.

Note the dead road rager was middle aged white guy driving a pickup truck in case you need a profile for this particular behavior.

cut_off_florida.gif

My cousin had a gun pulled on her on Claiborne Avenue for honking at someone who cut her off. She called the cops with the vehicle description and license plate number. Their response? "I'm sure it was just road rage."

Yes, and brandishing a weapon like that is still illegal. Wouldn't you rather deal with it now rather than outline a body after the future homicide?

Yes, and brandishing a weapon like that is still illegal. Wouldn't you rather deal with it now rather than outline a body after the future homicide?
Well I mean, it was just road rage. What can you do?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The article confuses me on who the "victim" is.

Someone points a gun at you, you disarm them and strike them. Now they're the victim?

Oh, Florida. I can't stay mad at you.

No. There was a truck full of people. They cut someone off.. we'll call them the Bob. Bob was cut off by a truck. Bob honked his horn. The truck followed Bob to the gas station. The truck driver and another guy started to beat up Bob. Then, two girls from the truck ran out and one of them had a gun. Then the two guys beating up Bob and the other girl freaked out that their friend brought out the gun and took it from her, then ran back into their truck and drove off.

Watch the video. You can't see Bob get hit, but you can sorta tell.

Well I mean, it was just road rage. What can you do?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Nevermind, I see Louisiana doesn't have a direct "brandishing" law. Because in many states that's illegal.

Closest I can find is this..

LA Rev Stat § 40:1382 :: RS 40:1382

TITLE 40 — Public health and safety
RS 40:1382 — Negligent carrying of a concealed handgun

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom