Steak cooking set up? (2 Viewers)

It’s been a while since I did it but I liked an adapted Alton Brown Method. You need a thick one so you don’t over cook it but put the cast iron in the grill as high as it will go. Hey it to like 500. Then slide it to one side and leave that heat on high as you cook the steak for - minute and a half each side with blacked seasoning. Then cut the heat off on the other side of the grill and go indirect heat until you get it to the temp you like. I don’t actually do temp but push until I feel it’s slightly pink.

I don’t recall how close this is to Altons actual method but he did something similar with the cast iron and I liked it.

Just out of curiosity, what are you not a fan of...the lack of charcoal/grilled flavor level?

That’s part of it, but I think it’s more of a texture thing. Maybe I haven’t found the sweet spot (I haven’t tried very hard), but I can cook it perfectly and it doesn’t seem quite right.

Sous vide is legit for other cuts and proteins, but I don’t care for it for steak.

That’s part of it, but I think it’s more of a texture thing. Maybe I haven’t found the sweet spot (I haven’t tried very hard), but I can cook it perfectly and it doesn’t seem quite right.

Sous vide is legit for other cuts and proteins, but I don’t care for it for steak.

I ordered a hanger steak at a nice little steakhouse in a little town in the middle of cattle
Country here.

They did it sous vide.

they ruined that steak. And charged me
48 dollars to do so.

it was an abhorrent texture. Tender? Technically yes. It was tender. But not a good tender. Juicy? Technically yes. It was juicy. But not a good juicy.

it was gross.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom