Stecker agrees to new deal with the Saints (1 Viewer)

I'm glad he stayed.Reminds me of a New England type player.Does more than one job.
Agreed. You have to love his attitude. He's on a team behind Deuce and Reggie and yet he comes to work, does his job and never complains. Will do anything the coaches ask him to do to help this team. And be brings some things to the table that nobody else on this team does.

Also, a lot of times last year we were crying out for a KR.
Stecker is the best on our team apart from Bush, but due to Deuce's week 3 injury, both had to be keep on offensive duties for the rest of the year.
KR isn't such of a big need now.

Some people were suggesting Eddie Royal in the 3rd due to his returns. That's a waste when you have Steck there.

So we will keep status quo at RB? Deuce, Bush, Stecker and Thomas. I can definitely live with that.

does that pretty much end the speculation of drafting a rb

Not from me. I'm glad we kept Steck, but I still think we need a Large! guy at RB to backup Deuce.

Steck has been great for us, and will continue to be.

But we do need a large guy. Bush, Thomas, and Stecker are all 210 pounders, I wish we had one large backup. Yes, I realize you can only have so many people at one position, and to pickup a big man would mean cutting someon else . Man, I hope Deuce can do it.

This RB stuff is actually a dilemma in my poor mind! LOL

ddd

I don't see the need for B. Young and Stecker. Good guys. Good players. Getting paid way to much for their backup abilities. It's back to previous days when 8-8 seems okay.

Pretty much. I'd like to see another 1,500 yard rusher here sometime before I die.

Also, a lot of times last year we were crying out for a KR.
Stecker is the best on our team apart from Bush, but due to Deuce's week 3 injury, both had to be keep on offensive duties for the rest of the year.
KR isn't such of a big need now.

Some people were suggesting Eddie Royal in the 3rd due to his returns. That's a waste when you have Steck there.

wow, i hope you're kidding. they are two totally different types of players.

I don't see the need for B. Young and Stecker. Good guys. Good players. Getting paid way to much for their backup abilities. It's back to previous days when 8-8 seems okay.

how is re-signing your special teams captain a sign that 8-8 is okay?

This siging doesn't bother anyone? We already have Bush and I'd rather P. Thomas over Stecker anyway. And we want Duece to return this year. But 4 rb's, and 3 of them are simular type players? We should have let Stecker go.

Not all that excited. He is getting old and adds nothing as a returner. I like him on special teams, but only at a reasonable (i.e. low) price. I hope that is what we got him for (and did not overpay with signing bonus or guaranteed money).

Wasn't Deuce's roster bonus due today?

That makes Deuce, Bush, Thomas, and Stecker, and none seem likely to leave at this point. I don't suppose we're that interested in Michael Turner at this point (and never understood why we ever were, if in fact we were)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom