Steel City Shake Up - Starting DB Benched For Saints Game (2 Viewers)

i really see us throwing all over this team

Hopefully this doesnt turn out like the Ravens firing their OC then...

I don't think so. I would be somewhat concerned if one of those lineup changes Cowher is hinting at is benching Ben R. for Charlie B at QB.

I'm also curious to know if Charlie B has been taking any snaps this week with the first unit in practice, and if so, how many?

If Cowher is willing to pull out all the stops to beat us, then I don't believe it's too far fetched to see him bencing Ben, even if he starts him, and Ben has a poor 1st and/or 2nd Quarter showing.

I'd much rather face Ben right now because Charlie's been hot when he's played, and not as mistake prone as Ben - Just MHO.

Look on the bright side, we wont get torched by another kid from Louisiana like we did when Balt came to town.

Kids from Louisiana that come back "home" to play the Saints have in the past had career days against us.

Coach Scowler may be doing us a favor.

I don't think so. I would be somewhat concerned if one of those lineup changes Cowher is hinting at is benching Ben R. for Charlie B at QB.

I'm also curious to know if Charlie B has been taking any snaps this week with the first unit in practice, and if so, how many?

If Cowher is willing to pull out all the stops to beat us, then I don't believe it's too far fetched to see him bencing Ben, even if he starts him, and Ben has a poor 1st and/or 2nd Quarter showing.

I'd much rather face Ben right now because Charlie's been hot when he's played, and not as mistake prone as Ben - Just MHO.

It may be that Cowher is already moving towards playing youth on the team. I think Roethlisberger stays in no matter what.

i really see us throwing all over this team

I do also. The Steeler's secondary has definitely been a weakness, and Jake Plummer is no Drew Brees. If Jake could torch them last week, I know Drew has studied that film over and over.

I'm almost hoping they try to stack the box with 8 defenders, and play us man-to-man in the secondary. With our weapons and Drew, I think we'd match up extremely well.

I wouldn't mind them sending blitz packages either because with Drew's quick reads and release, coupled with our multiple weapons, I think we match up well there also.

Even if they opt for more zone or cover 2, I like Duece pounding them.

Bottomline: I like our O's chances against them.

I'm more concerned that we play smart football both on O, D, & ST: Limit mental mistakes (penalties, blow coverages, etc.), and that we eliminate turnovers.

If we do, we win... :gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom