Steelers about to face their 2nd straight 6'3 WR (1 Viewer)

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
An article talking about how the Steelers blew it on passing on Colston & how the Steelers secondary has problems stopping big receivers.

...This afternoon, the Steelers face one of the league’s hottest young “big” receivers in Marques Colston, the New Orleans Saints’ rookie phenom.

One week after the Steelers’ secondary was scorched by Denver’s 6-foot-3 wideout Javon Walker, they get Colston, a 6-foot-4 jumping jack who shares the league lead with seven touchdown catches.

Just imagine if Colston were playing with the Steelers?

Wouldn’t he be a better alternative than 5-10 Cedrick Wilson or 5-11 Santonio Holmes?
http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17455055&BRD=2305&PAG=461&dept_id=478568&rfi=6

Last edited:
We have a 6'3 reciever

I did not know we had one, but we do have a 6'4 230+ pound beast named Colston!

I say we line up Colston and Bush on the right and send Devery up on the field on the left. Their whole team will be keying in on either or both Colston and Bush, giving Devery man-to-man. A quick 15 yard pass could easily turn into a 60 yard touchdown. Right out of the gate, this would take the crowd of it and allow Ben Worthlessburger to start doing what he does best....turn the ball over :)

Good read..

You probably have 31 teams second guessing themselves about passing on Marques. The nice thing is, in year's past, we would have been one of those 31.

I really fear the weather/ cold and wind to be the determining factor this game.

“He’s a great guy,” Colon said of his ex-teammate. “When we used to go into the gym and play basketball, I’d throw him alley-oop passes and he’d just come up with these amazing dunks. He could jump as high as the rafters.”

This makes me even more of a fan of Colston. It's hard for me to picture someone as reserved and business-like as Colston being a rim-destroying dunk monster, but there you go. The dunk ability also seems to speak well of his coordination and body control.

You hear stories about running backs buying Rolex watches for their lineman as a reward for a good season. I think Loomis and Payton should buy the scouting department some Vipers for finding Marques.

This makes me even more of a fan of Colston. It's hard for me to picture someone as reserved and business-like as Colston being a rim-destroying dunk monster, but there you go. The dunk ability also seems to speak well of his coordination and body control.

You hear stories about running backs buying Rolex watches for their lineman as a reward for a good season. I think Loomis and Payton should buy the scouting department some Vipers for finding Marques.

nah, like Loomis said, they passed over him 6 times, actually 7 before picking him.
THey got lucky, and that's a fact.

VERY LUCKY

oh cool, i was afraid of the WET slippery ball factor and wind they had in a game a few weeks ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom