Steelers are licking their chops. (1 Viewer)

I'm not approaching this game so light-hearted. I don't think it is going to be easy. Do we win? Probably. We will have to be on our "A" game, IMO. If we force turnovers, I KNOW our offense will convert.

LSspam, you always bring "it", good stuff. Yes, McNabb is the best passer (for yards) in the league still. Philly is a very good passing team, I would rather actually compare the Steelers to TB though. Laugh all you want but I just think that we will see Hines in a role like Galloway, and you can say Parker is Williams. Gradkowski will be Rothelisberger in the erratic play he is showing this year actually looks like a rookie this year. Ike Taylor=Barber and well TB's defense is a little older but can be compared. Steelers do have a better defense than TB but I think we can still let the WR's run crazy on the Steelers this weekend. I do think that the Steelers will have over 100 rushing but we really need to hold Hines Ward to under 100 (I really miss Harper). Any word on Bellamy this week Spam?

I sure hope our defense has been practicing CATCHING the football this week. Roth has been generous with the football this year and hopefully our guys can finally hold on for a few picks. I swear our guys must have the worst hands of any defense in the league.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The Steelers are a good team that turns the ball over too much. If they don't turn the ball over, we'll probably lose. If we do lose, I'm not going to mutter 'SOS' or question anyone, just look ahead to beating the Bengals next week.

If the steelers turn the ball over and we don't we win handily. If the steelers don't turn the ball over and we don't, we win a very close one. HAVE FAITH!!! HAVE YOU SEEN THE SAINTS PLAY THIS YEAR?

I would rather see Dejuan Groce play, rather than alligator arms Jason Craft. Maybe that concussion will keep Craft off the field. I sure did like Groce when he played for the rams, he didn't have bad numbers and looked to be improving his play every year.

Like a previous poster mentioned, keeping Hines Ward under 100 yards is our biggest concern. I think we can put a hold on Willie Parker but Ward. I guess if we get to Ben, Ward may not be much of a problem.

I think it will come down to matchups:

1. Can we cover Heath Miller he can really exploite us if he plays well
2. Our Oline and their fron 7. For some reason we do not do well against the 3-4
3. Troy matches up well with Reggie soI think Duece has to set the tone with the run

If we get up on the early I think they will start turning it over but if we let the get up by a TD early it will really give them a lot of confidence.

Enduring the tidal wave of emotion in the first quarter will be the key to this game. If we can get into the second quarter ahead or down by one score (or less), we can win this. If we get down by a lot of points in the first quarter (a la Ravens), we will be in trouble.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The Steelers are a good team that turns the ball over too much. If they don't turn the ball over, we'll probably lose. If we do lose, I'm not going to mutter 'SOS' or question anyone, just look ahead to beating the Bengals next week.
\

I agree. The Steelers are the one team that terrifies me.

Joey Porter

This just in.... Joey Porter just guaranteed a victory against the Saints this weekend. Alright, boys, time to prove him wrong!!

It is going to be a tough game going into Pittsburg. A loss would not be the end of the world for reasons that St Randy spelled out perfectly. IF the saints can minimize the mistakes and maybe get a turnover or two they could possibly get out of there with a "W". But it may be tough..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom