Steelers have high praise for Saints' Keenan Lewis (1 Viewer)

saintsfan26

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
BY GARY ESTWICK
Special to The Advocate
June 24, 2013

In the coming weeks, cornerback Keenan Lewis will compete for a starting job with the New Orleans Saints, his hometown NFL franchise.

The competition battle against incumbents Jabari Greer, Patrick Robinson and others in the secondary will showcase a trait which former Pittsburgh Steelers teammates have known for years: Lewis doesn’t like to lose.

It’s a message they shared last week at the 10th annual Face Me Ike Football Camp at the Arden Cahill Academy in Gretna.

“As far as having confidence, he’s got a whole lot of that. That’s just part of growing up in New Orleans,” said Ike Taylor, also a New Orleans native who paired with Lewis last season to give Pittsburgh the best defense in the NFL. Approximately 200 kids participated in the football clinic.

“Second place didn’t matter. It’s kind of like that movie (‘Talladega Nights’), the (character) Ricky Bobby statement: ‘If you ain’t first, you’re last.’ And that’s the kind of mentality he has.”

Steelers have high praise for Saints' Keenan Lewis | Saints | The Advocate

Seems like we got a keeper. :9:

All Johnny Vaccaro's aside, I am very happy we were able to land Lewis. He is going to really help out our pass defense.

Kenny Lewis and Keenan Lewis the off-season acquisitions of the decade!

Maybe the best CB that has ever played in the NFL (certainly among the top 3) played for the Steelers and was from Louisiana. Mel Blount, the guy who was almost single-handedly responsible for the league instituting the no chuck beyond 5 yards of LOS rule. The league tried to kill Blount's effectiveness with that rule, but failed. He was the best CB in the league in the late 70s and early 80s.

I like to get Palomala in the black and gold and move him to OLB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom