Steelers open as favorites (1 Viewer)

Well I am thinking of the Atl-Pit game. They tore up the secondary in that one. Our secondary is ripe for tearing I am afraid.

The Saints D has given up 145 points in 8 games. The Atlanta D has allowed 122 points in just the last 4 games. Given the Saints D a little credit.

I love it.

Of course, the Steelers playing well at home would be the favorites.

And to some extent, this might well be what Bill Simmons calls a "Kitchen Sink" game for the Steelers, a lose-this-and-our-season-is-over game that brings out the best in people. Like the Ravens two weeks ago.

Still, when you are the defending Super Bowl champs, and the season is slipping away, do you just get that confidence back overnight? Maybe the Denver game was their Kitchen Sink game, they threw everything they had into beating a good Denver team and getting their season back on track, and frittered it away in a pile of turnovers and will come out flat as a board on Sunday? Who knows?

I do know that even the Falcons were able to pass them silly three weeks ago, and that Denver had no trouble moving the ball through the air early on Sunday. We've now seen two straight weeks of pressure defenses coming at us, and while the Ravens really caught us off guard and beat us pretty good, we were able to stabilize ourselves even without Brown and Horn and pretty much passed the Bucs silly. If the Steelers come at us with pressure, I am fairly confident about our ability to make them pay. I don't think we'll have a walkover like Sunday, but if we can continue to play with discipline and confidence, we're going to win this game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom