NFL Stefon Diggs' absence from practice listed as not injury related, leading to speculation about a potential trade (1 Viewer)

Thunderchild

Flock Up!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If true, I wonder to who?

The Vikings wide receiver room is a fairly unhappy place right now. In the wake of an embarrassing loss to the Bears, a clearly unhappy Adam Thielenpublicly pointed out "you've got to be able to throw the ball," which was more or less a direct indictment of Kirk Cousins (who was so bad, the Vikings drafted a quarterback in the first round in Ryan Wilson's latest mock draft).

Cousins issued an apology to Thielen on Monday and it's not unreasonable to assume this week could be a "squeaky wheel" type of game for Thielen against the Giants. But what about Stefon Diggs?

The Vikings' other studly receiver got a perfectly fine target share on Sunday, catching all seven of the passes thrown his way for 108 receiving yards. The problem? His output in Week 4 was more than his combined receiving yards from Week 1 through Week 3. After inking a big deal with the Vikings before the 2018 season, Diggs was expected to be a focal point of the offense. He's been frustrated this year as a result of the Vikings struggles.

A good friend of mine who is a Vikings fans said I just don't think this squad will get it done. I told him I agree there is a quite a few players who are getting paid a lot. A team doesn't pay A lot of many to skilled players just to finish with a .500 record.At this point it's best to trade their top assets for draft picks, your probably going to be stuck with Cousins but after that this team can start anew.
Amazing the difference 15 months makes. The media and him thought the Vikes signed the missing piece.

He gets traded to Oakland.....has an issue with the helmet he has to wear.....yada yada yada.......he's cut from the patriots

I'd love Diggs here. Cousins? Heck no. I've see a lot of his games from when he was a Redskin and he's got all the physical goods, but he's never been very consistent. I'm not sure he'll ever get you there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom