Step into my time machine... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Now close your eyes and let's go back a couple months to the end of training camp. Think about what you were saying and though our record would be this year. Many of us, including myself, said they would be happy with an 8-8 record. Think of all of the news players the Saints brought in, they did not only have to upgrade the team in the talent department, but the coaching staff had to change the philospohy and mindset of this franchise. Go back a little further and we were 3-13 a year before.

Now come back to reality and the Saints are 6-4. Why the long face? This is a long season and this tram has played their best football and their worse football already. This means they know what they are capable of and what turnovers and penalties will do to their chances of victory. ALL of the losses are fixable and mostly resulted in turnovers that the players must fix.

Finally, I think we are 1 solid cornerback away (possibly 2) from being a dominate NFC team. That has been our achilles heal, not linebacker or tackle, like many of us thought.

Just keep supporting our Saints because I promise you our support and encouragement means more to the players than we will ever know.

My picks have gone from 7-9 to 8-8 to 9-7. I have been spot on (except for Eagles win and Ravens loss). My early predictions against the Falcons???..... You don't want to know........... Losing 3 in a row would really hurt

I think we have a right to be a little frustrated with the way they played against the Ravens Pitt and Cinn. Come on these are probably all wins if we hold onto the **** ball. I can live with the fact that we can not always be the best or beat the best but when we give up the Ravens game because of an early fumble, Pitt because of 3 fumbles one that killed the last drive and Cinn. because Brees threw 2 in the red zone and one went back for a TD not to mention Copper who for some reason cant learn how to cover up the ball. Now personally I hate to be bias but Brees is our QB and QB's have bad days and I am not calling for Jamie Martin by any means but he needs to stop that ****. Copper and Reggie on the other hand what the **** it is a football and if I was Payton the next person besides Duece (who has 0 fumbles this year and can't get the rock more than 10 times a game) should be benched for a game. It is not that hard to put two hands on the ball and cover it up.

I agree 100% with Tigerholic............

Remember how good we all felt after we beat the Eagles to go to 5-1. I told myself that no matter what happened the rest of the way I would always refelct back on that moment, because they had already far exeeded my expectations and had brought joy to my football season for the first time in along time.

Now, I admit I get a little frustrated by the way we are losing, but at the same time I am optimistic because I know that as soon as we clean that up, we will be very difficult for anyone to beat.

I'm not thrilled about the way we are losing. I am, however, still on par with my 9 - 7 record. To go from a surprisingly promising 5 -1 to a 6 - 4 record has people pulling their hair. I too feel a bit of frustration at our last 4 games, but I am still positive and very happy with the record.

If the Saints make the playoffs we will be the one team in the NFC that no one will want to play.

I say 9-7 and we are probably the 3 seed with 1 home playoff game.

I put this team on 6 wins with our schedule and a new coaching staff. This would mean we have to lose out the rest of the season for the Saints to live up to my expectations. The thing that bothers me about the Saints is when I made my prediction I thought for sure our offensive line was horrible. I also know that you can't win many games with a bad offensive line. My expectations went up with the performance of our offensive line. Now I can see this team going as far as they want but I didn't think we would be worried about sloppy football down the stretch and that is exactly what we have seen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom