Steph Anthony (2 Viewers)

Negative.

He was sent up the middle on a blitz and basically bear hugged the RB then stopped his momentum on the spot.

That's run support..,.not his forte. Which is why he should be a pure blitzer. Or were you speaking on his tackling inability?

That's run support..,.not his forte. Which is why he should be a pure blitzer. Or were you speaking on his tackling inability?

He's saying that when we blitzed him, he got easily picked up by a RB.

Despite all, I have the sneaking feeling that Anthony will go somewhere else and be at very worst a solid piece. Could even see him being a borderline Pro Bowler elsewhere. The team just flails around in the water when it comes to defensive talent and development of same.

No he was blitzed and didn't get pressure. The RB stonewalled him in the hole. He was blitzed in the pre-season from his Sam position and didn't get any pressure.

Nope...he's not a great blitzer either.

To be honest he looks like a 1 gap Mike in a 3-4 that has slimmed down responsibilities and keys and is a man based scheme.

Despite all, I have the sneaking feeling that Anthony will go somewhere else and be at very worst a solid piece. Could even see him being a borderline Pro Bowler elsewhere. The team just flails around in the water when it comes to defensive talent and development of same.

More likely, if he doesn't improve here, he ends up being the next Martez Wilson.

You don't just go to another team and learn instincts. There are some things that can never quite be coached.

No he was blitzed and didn't get pressure. The RB stonewalled him in the hole. He was blitzed in the pre-season from his Sam position and didn't get any pressure.

Nope...he's not a great blitzer either.

To be honest he looks like a 1 gap Mike in a 3-4 that has slimmed down responsibilities and keys and is a man based scheme.

Oh ok. Some RB's are really good at blocking but it's pretty sad when a LB can't get past one :jpshakehead: I just don't understand how he completely regressed. You're suppose to get better in ur second year

He hasn't regressed. He's exactly the same player he was last year.

Allen just had more vision than most here and saw it early on that he was not viable as our starting MLB.

Travis Feeney's signing may have had just as much to do with Stephone Anthony as it did with Kenny V's suspension.

Robertson and Ellerbe are fantastic LB's, but they aren't getting any younger. Ellerbe is 30 and injury prone and Robertson will be 29 in February.

We now have Travis Feeney and Lamar Louis on the roster. Hopefully, one of them pans out, but we still need to draft or sign some talent via UDFA to get some fresh blood into the talent pool.

Travis Feeney / LB / Washington: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97208&draftyear=2016&genpos=OLB

Lamar Louis / LB / LSU: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=124087&draftyear=2016&genpos=olb

Carolina turned Mark Fields into a decent LB by protecting him or in other words, running a scheme that did not put him in coverage. I'm not sure you can do that today with the way the game is played. The only reason TB had success running ball was because Robertson was hurt. Anthony showed zero skills as far as flowing to the ball. Many times he picked the wrong hole and simply did not read the running play right. The difference between him and Robertson was on full display yesterday. We need a top notch WLB to go with Robertson and Ellerbe.

I know we haven't seen much from him on special teams this year (ST has been a nightmare overall), but based on how well he did his rookie year, this guy could have a good career here as a game changer on special teams (first player to ever return an extra point in the NFL).

It sucks because that's not what you want out of a 1st round pick, but I do think with a better special teams coach, we could turn him into a game changer on special teams and that's better than cutting him.

Travis Feeney's signing may have had just as much to do with Stephone Anthony as it did with Kenny V's suspension.

Robertson and Ellerbe are fantastic LB's, but they aren't getting any younger. Ellerbe is 30 and injury prone and Robertson will be 29 in February.

We now have Travis Feeney and Lamar Louis on the roster. Hopefully, one of them pans out, but we still need to draft or sign some talent via UDFA to get some fresh blood into the talent pool.

Travis Feeney / LB / Washington: Travis Feeney | Washington, OLB : 2016 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Lamar Louis / LB / LSU: Lamar Louis | LSU, OLB : 2016 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Lamar Louis was waived

Crazy to me that five months ago, all of us (except Elias?) thought he was a rock solid NFL LB. Cannot recall any real stinging criticism of Anthony's play until September.

During the last month of last season, Mike Detillier and Bobby Hebert were very critical of his pass coverage. They were vocal on the radio about how huge of a liability he was against the pass, and if he couldn't get better there, he was hurting the team more than helping

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom