Steph Anthony (1 Viewer)

-cook-

Veteran
Reaction score
Thought he looked ok yesterday only a few steps away n zone coverage not bad tho

His lack of awareness in coverage is troubling. I saw at least 2 times yesterday where he vacated his man/zone and peeled off to an area where there was no receiver within 10 yards, resulting in wide open catches. The announcers yesterday even commented on number 50 "out there guarding the grass."

Thought he looked ok yesterday only a few steps away n zone coverage not bad tho

He's an amazing athlete, and can look great on any given play. I think Allen is working on his mental game and consistency. That could take another year to come around.

He needs to be converted to a pass rusher. I dont even care that other teams just assume he is in there to rush...just let him use his speed and athleticism to pressure the Qb.

Saints scouts s***!! Bringing SP the wrong assets for team.

Over all i think Steph is a very good LBer just not in Allen system. I dont see how one year you the leading tackler and this year u barely see field. Smh

Our inability to draft and develop linebackers is truly astonishing. I think you'd have more success throwing darts at a board blindfolded.

He has zero ability in coverage, appears lost and against the run, he as no ability to flow to the ball. He is only good when running in a straight line. He is Mark Fields 2.0, but worse. Unless they figure out a way to use his straight line speed and power, he's a bust.

Crazy to me that five months ago, all of us (except Elias?) thought he was a rock solid NFL LB. Cannot recall any real stinging criticism of Anthony's play until September.

Crazy to me that five months ago, all of us (except Elias?) thought he was a rock solid NFL LB. Cannot recall any real stinging criticism of Anthony's play until September.

I know. He had a lot of tackles, an int or 2, a run back extra point... was looking like a play maker last year. Then... POOF, he's nothing.

He did lead the team in tackles yesterday, but looked awkward in coverage.

He needs to be converted to a pass rusher. I dont even care that other teams just assume he is in there to rush...just let him use his speed and athleticism to pressure the Qb.

Negative.

He was sent up the middle on a blitz and basically bear hugged the RB then stopped his momentum on the spot.

I trust Ellias and his diagnosis of players. He knows some football.

There were some of us who pointed out his near league worst PFF rating last year for a MLB and his big issues in coverage. But you learn on this board which players are off limits and which aren't. Anthony was pretty much off limits for criticism last year even as his flaws became more glaring.

Anthony has basically become Curtis Lofton circa 2014. He'll rack up tackle numbers down field, but he can't cover and he shows no instincts to really attack the line and stop running plays at their source.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom