Stephan A Smith Top 5 QBs (1 Viewer)

DwXTU37XcAAZpSS.jpg

He makes money through controversy.
Controversy drives clicks and views.
Clicks and views drive advertising revenue.

ESPN literally puts entertainment before sports. It's in the name: Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. Not that I find mindless talking entertaining.

This is the same guy that was explaining how a injured and ex players were going to dominate a game later that day.... I lost interest in him and pay no attention to a man that goes on live TV to talk about a sport he clearly knows very little about

Dak Prescott at #4 and Brees not listed. Smh.

ESPN really messed up when they decided to let these hot take talking heads talk about all sports. There used to be a different pot stirrer for each sport. I call them pot stirrers because that's what they do. They say outrageous things in order to create controversy and help ratings. Merrill Hodge used to be that guy for the NFL. He'd say some absurd things but compared to Stephan A. Smith, Merrill Hodge looks like Peter Gammons.

Stephan A. should've stuck with basketball. When he's talking hoops I buy it. When he talks about football I just don't buy it. He doesn't come across as believable because he isn't. He's simply out of his element and in over his head. It would be like Mel Kiper Jr covering The Masters or Teddy Atlas breaking down Wimbledon, it just doesn't feel right.

He says it was a huge blunder on his part. The whole point of the segment was originally for him to get people talking cuz he had Brady at 5. It turned into him leaving Brees off cuz he had a brain fart. ESPN works him like a dog, it's understandable lol.

But remember, this is all ENTERTAINMENT. Like I said, the original point of the segment was to get people riled up that he had Brady at 5. The whole segment became pointless though when he acknowledged his brain fart of leaving Brees off.

Ridiculous... There are only 8 QBs to consider, and 5 of them made the list. Its impossible to forget someone... If you didn't consider all of them, what's the point of the list?

There isn't a football person with half a brain that's picking anyone other than Brady or Brees for 1st on that list. How can you even rank Mahomes on a list of "Top Playoff QBs" when he's never even been in a playoff game.

So stupid it has to be a setup

I completely agree. I actually don't mind Stephen A. His job is to be entertaining. And between First Take, the radio show and all his other appearances on Sportscenter, different professional games, etc. there is no denying the man works for a living. That said, he has made some memorable gaffes.

+1

I actually have come to enjoy watching the guy, for entertainment purposes -- he's entertaining, and he still knows straight sports better than a lot of the other ones.

To some extent, this is stuff that's supposed to be fun. He works hard at providing entertainment, and I enjoy it.

He makes money through controversy.
Controversy drives clicks and views.
Clicks and views drive advertising revenue.

exactly, he is an actor. I would avoid watching any show he is on and many other "sports" shows unless you enjoy really bad, unfunny comedy/drama...it is truly sad that there is very little real analysis done anymore....

He secretly likes Drew and he must have read on SaintReport that the only way to inspire Drew is for the media to insult him.
Way to misrepresent what I and others have said again. Instead of taking pot shots why don't you actually address that you misunderstood what I said and act like an adult.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom