Saints Stephen A., Max K. and Vilma talk Saints @ Rams (JV gives us some love) (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Stephen A. Smith starts the segment out with his usual R-A-N-T about how bad the Saints defense is. After his blood pressure comes down, Max Kellerman and Jonathan Vilma weigh in with some logical reasons why the Saints stand a good chance to get the "W" this weekend.

Stephen A. needs to calm down before he has a heart attack on the air.

:gosaints:

I mean, he's not wrong. I am encouraged that both Vilma and Scott Shanle (heard on WWL radio today) believe that we should beat the Rams convincingly. Honestly, I feel that Dallas is more of a threat than the Rams this year. I'm glad we get to face them in our house.

He thinks the louder he yells the more right he is. Brees never said he was going to retire anytime over the last few years, that was speculation on the media and he is presenting it as fact. He's also downplaying the talent and how good of a team Houston is. Hell he will probably say Hopkins is the best WR in football and then out of the other side of his mouth say that we should've stopped him everytime. It's all about the ratings for him and it doesn't matter what he says.

I saw it this morning. I loved the way JV let both offending parties take their shots & basically told them straight up flat out how great a performance Watson had & that the Saints were gonna kick arse on the rams Sunday. I hope they have him back on after we win that game.

It might be against most on this board but I like Stephen A. I've had the good fortune to meet the man and actually talk with him. He was a very nice man. I love his enthusiasm.
I like his takes as well. But it doesn't mean I have to agree with all of em.

He’s not wrong though , Allen is Mediocre at best. His 2 and 4 minute playbook/defenses need to be thrown away.

I see we have a senior Defensive Assistant like Johnson is on offense. What is his job ? How can we consistently be in games like this giving best deep good Coaches put their best players together in the best position to succeed that isn’t Allen.

I would like to make a recommendation to everyone to listen carefully to the conversation the OP referred to. Please do take note of what Vilma said & l checked out Mr. Aaron Donald's stat sheet from last week. Please do understand that JV makes a very good point. The Saints need to do two things to win this game. And if they do those two things & play the rest of their game their way, they will not only win. They will win convincingly. They need to shut down Aaron Donald & shut down the rams running game. Basically, they need to win the LOS. And looking at Mr. Donald's report card from last week. It appears that without a boy named Suh at his side, he becomes rather mortal. if the Saints can shut down JJ Watt without Jedavion Clowny, then they can shut down Aaron Donald without Ndomukong Suh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom