Stephen A on Drew Brees Contract Negotiations (1 Viewer)

Absolutely right. If guys like cutler, Romo, dalton, get in excess of 110 million with 55-60+ mill guaranteed, it's hard to argue against his contract. He's the only reason we are not a two win team. Certainly our poor drafting and talent evaluation is not his fault. You have to have a QB if you want to compete today, and there are not a lot of good ones out there.

Can almost guarantee his producers are encouraging him to do that too. Brady Quinn on FS1 was on the Jay & Dan pod talking about the big difference between shows based on the West coast vs East coast. He said out East, before segments, his producers would say "Bury this guy! BURY him!!!".

They really do encourage that behaviour over there, they think that's what the people want to hear. Sadly they're probably right, regarding a large portion of the population. It's annoying

We get too much of that kind of behavior on this board. Our society seems to be getting more and more polarized on everything. There's no more room for grey area or moderation.

Stephen A can yell to the highest heavens but he's on the money this time. I'm sure the falclowns would SNATC Brees in a heartbeat it they could. Pay Drew whatever it would take, he does not deserve this conversation.

I never watch him because of his obnoxiousness but this is one of the most entertaining things I have seen in quite a while. I really needed the good laugh. Thanks STEPHEN A. I'm positive this is the first time and the last time I will ever enjoy anything you ever do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree with Stephen A. It is a hard pill to swallow considering our other needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Holy Jesus that was painful to listen to.

It's like, I absolutely love cinnamon rolls, but I don't expect it would be a pleasant experience to have 8 of them forcibly shoved down my throat all at once.

Stephen A is on the MONEY!

Got me pumped up & made me remember just how important Drew is to this Team.

Darn. I scrolled all this way and hoped that someone transcribed it.

As for SASmith. It's been a while (5 years?) since I've heard him. I recall being okay with most of his opinions, whether I agree or not, but couldn't handle his delivery. It's like a writer feeling the need to type in all caps and end every sentence with an exclamation point.

When does the CBA run out in 2021? I believe it will be a strike season when that happens and this is prime example why. Not going to argue that Drew doesn't deserve what he is asking for. But if the salary cap doesn't rise up then you are going to have 500K - 1M people blocking for him and catching his passes. I'm not even counting the >33Mil in dead money (2nd is CLE and we know how bad that organization is).

yeah i agree with him. Still can't stand that dude. He is unbearable. Can"t watch him. If you disagree with me, i'll yell over your rebuttal like a child. And if i say something i think is awesome, i'll say it at least three times.

This is how the younger generations are learning to communicate and argue. I'm part of the millennial age, and I have a hard time talking with most people my age. If it is more than one, forget about it.

Okay. You forced me to hit the link. Excitable chap, isn't he?

I also think he is dead on. I like that Brady was also mentioned in the "defying the norm" topic, because I think both will do so. And using Manning's extreme drop-off always has been a bad comparison. He was never the same after the surgery.

I like when Smith brought up the stats from last season - incredible numbers - yet he didn't even mention that Brees sat out a game.

After a crazy day yesterday, it seems today things aren't looking so bizarre. Brees extended his contract. The kicker swap is wild, but let's roll with it and see what happens. And hopefully Jhari can still be servicable - at least protect Brees better than we've seen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom