Stephen King Fans - The Books (1 Viewer)

Desperation was't bad

The Regulators was the better version of that story. He wrote that under Richard Bachman.

I enjoyed Desperation as well. The tv movie they made from it was just awful though

King had a real bad run of pretty terrible movies/miniseries back in the 80s/90s. In fact people have generally had a hard time adapting his work for anything besides prison stories.

The Regulators was the better version of that story. He wrote that under Richard Bachman.

I enjoyed Desperation as well. The tv movie they made from it was just awful though
Yeah, I've read both and I agree.

Do you remember the name of the short story about the man who could kill people by drawing symbols? I can't seem to find it. I remember it started with him sitting outside pitching coins in a drain because the organization didn't allow the assassins to keep more money than they were given every week or something.

Gerolds Game on Netflix is ok. I haven't read the book for comparison.

Found it!! Everything's Eventual (the short story). Truly demonstrated King's genius to me. Just so freaking imaginative.

I vaguely remember that one. I read that collection a long time ago. I’ve always preferred his short stories and shorter novels. He can get really long winded and boring (looking at you Wizard and Glass)

I really loved The Jaunt. Pretty cool short story

I vaguely remember that one. I read that collection a long time ago. I’ve always preferred his short stories and shorter novels. He can get really long winded and boring (looking at you Wizard and Glass)

I really loved The Jaunt. Pretty cool short story
I read the Jaunt over 20 years ago and it is STILL crystal clear in my mind. The image of the son coming through the other side, insane and white haired because of his choice NOT to follow directions. Great story.

I love the stand. I have read it 15 times. King lost me a long time ago though.

I love the stand. I have read it 15 times. King lost me a long time ago though.
BTW, if you're a fan of King's The Stand, try Robert McCammon's Swan Song. Similar end times concept, by another great horror writer.

BTW, if you're a fan of King's The Stand, try Robert McCammon's Swan Song. Similar end times concept, by another great horror writer.

Yep, swap out viral infection for nuclear annihilation and they are very similar. For some reason post apocalyptic books are very compelling reads.

McCammon is a fantastic author but far more hit and miss than King.

Stinger was also pretty good and Boys Life is one of the best books you ever want to read. The rest, to me, was hot garbage.

Last edited:
Found it!! Everything's Eventual (the short story). Truly demonstrated King's genius to me. Just so freaking imaginative.

That was put together as an interesting collection. 1408 is in it and another that left an impression on me (and I can’t place a finger on why) The Man in the Black Suit.

I thought 11/22/63 was a fantastic book, but it's not my favorite SK novel.

Salem's Lot
The Shining
IT
Misery
Needful Things
Pet Sematary
Dr. Sleep

(Never finished The Stand... need to re-start that one again)

1. It
2. Pet Sematary
3. Salem's Lot
4. The Shining
5. The Stand
6. The Talisman
7. 11/22/63
8. Insomnia
9. Duma Key
10. Needful Things

Worst Book:

From a Buick 8 have tried to read it twice and cant make it through. Gerald's game is a close second

I have read every Stephen King Novel except this one.

Yep, swap out viral infection for nuclear annihilation and they are very similar. For some reason post apocalyptic books are very compelling reads.

McCammon is a fantastic author but far more hit and miss than King.

Stinger was also pretty good and Boys Life is one of the best books you ever want to read. The rest, to me, was hot garbage.

Love mccammon probably my favorite author

Boys life is hands down one of the best books I’ve ever read

Love swan song, stinger, gone south and wolfs hour

I actually just finished reading mine last night - not a favorite

Liked his latest the listener

I’ve only read the first two Matthew Corbett books but I enjoyed them both

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom