Stephen Perry: New Orleans will benefit more economically from Saints playing game in London

Thread starter #1

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
Ratings
"When I was initially called, most people were expecting us to say, 'Gosh, we hate to lose a home game,' " said Stephen Perry, the president and CEO of the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau, who was on hand for Friday's announcement in Phoenix. "As a fan, you miss having the home game. But from a business perspective, this could be a very powerful move for both New Orleans and the state because it gives us an unprecedented opportunity to craft and illustrate a new brand for New Orleans in our single biggest foreign market.
"This actually in pure economic impact is going to be worth more to the city of New Orleans than playing the game at home, because of what we're going to generate."
http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2008/02/jolly_good_saints_headed_to_lo.html

Ratings
Gee, I said this from the first day and was criticized!!!!!! Its a shame most of you only look at this from a fans perspective. You can't blame Tom Benson, this was a no-brainer!

MLU

National Signing Day Legend
Ratings
That is certainly and interesting perspective. As long as the fans are not getting screwed ticket-wise, this suddenly seems like a unique opportunity. I just hope that their theory proves to be true. I for one will be looking to travel for the game granted the tickets are not too expensive.

Eeyore

Sour Pennies
Ratings
How is being the designated "home" team of more benefit than being the "visitor?"

Either way they can do their business stuff but in the end the Saints lose a home game.

Banned #8

bop

Very Banned
Ratings
Yeah we will really benifit from losing a home game to play in front of a bunch of people who cant stand American football. Bee freaking Ess.

Ratings
The case that this game is good for us because the winner won the Super Bowl = Fail
The case that this game is bad for us because the home team finished 1-15 = Fail

MLU

National Signing Day Legend
Ratings
Yeah we will really benifit from losing a home game to play in front of a bunch of people who cant stand American football. Bee freaking Ess.
I don't think that 100,000+ people who can't stand American football would pay that kind of money to see the Saints and Chargers play...

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Ratings
That is certainly and interesting perspective. As long as the fans are not getting screwed ticket-wise, this suddenly seems like a unique opportunity. I just hope that their theory proves to be true. I for one will be looking to travel for the game granted the tickets are not too expensive.
Yeah actually i've been kicking around the idea myself. I've always wanted to travel to England and it's a pretty good excuse too so... :shrug:

Just hope budding NFL fans in England return the favor over the next few years.

The Geaux Team

All-Weather Fan
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah!

The person that brought us such hits as Oh Sherrie and Don't Stop Believing as the lead singer of Journey is the CEO of the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau?

:hihi:

Top Bottom