Stephen Perry: New Orleans will benefit more economically from Saints playing game in London (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
"When I was initially called, most people were expecting us to say, 'Gosh, we hate to lose a home game,' " said Stephen Perry, the president and CEO of the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau, who was on hand for Friday's announcement in Phoenix. "As a fan, you miss having the home game. But from a business perspective, this could be a very powerful move for both New Orleans and the state because it gives us an unprecedented opportunity to craft and illustrate a new brand for New Orleans in our single biggest foreign market.
"This actually in pure economic impact is going to be worth more to the city of New Orleans than playing the game at home, because of what we're going to generate."

http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2008/02/jolly_good_saints_headed_to_lo.html

While that may be so, I'll bet they would benefit more by playing the game as a visitor.

Gee, I said this from the first day and was criticized!!!!!! Its a shame most of you only look at this from a fans perspective. You can't blame Tom Benson, this was a no-brainer!

That is certainly and interesting perspective. As long as the fans are not getting screwed ticket-wise, this suddenly seems like a unique opportunity. I just hope that their theory proves to be true. I for one will be looking to travel for the game granted the tickets are not too expensive.

How is being the designated "home" team of more benefit than being the "visitor?"

Either way they can do their business stuff but in the end the Saints lose a home game.

Gee, I said this from the first day and was criticized!!!!!! Its a shame most of you only look at this from a fans perspective. You can't blame Tom Benson, this was a no-brainer!

What other perspective am I supposed to use?

I'm a <font size=7>FAN</font>

Yeah we will really benifit from losing a home game to play in front of a bunch of people who cant stand American football. Bee freaking Ess.

Look at it this way, the last "Home" team to win in London, just won the Superbowl. Maybe there is something to going over there.

The Dolphins were the home team. Your post is full of phail.

Look at it this way, the last "Home" team to win in London, just won the Superbowl. Maybe there is something to going over there.

The Dolphins were the designated home team. They finished 1-15 didn't they?

:covri:

The case that this game is good for us because the winner won the Super Bowl = Fail
The case that this game is bad for us because the home team finished 1-15 = Fail

Yeah we will really benifit from losing a home game to play in front of a bunch of people who cant stand American football. Bee freaking Ess.
I don't think that 100,000+ people who can't stand American football would pay that kind of money to see the Saints and Chargers play...

That is certainly and interesting perspective. As long as the fans are not getting screwed ticket-wise, this suddenly seems like a unique opportunity. I just hope that their theory proves to be true. I for one will be looking to travel for the game granted the tickets are not too expensive.

Yeah actually i've been kicking around the idea myself. I've always wanted to travel to England and it's a pretty good excuse too so... :shrug:

Just hope budding NFL fans in England return the favor over the next few years.

I'm going to need to brush up on my english though...

Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah!

The person that brought us such hits as Oh Sherrie and Don't Stop Believing as the lead singer of Journey is the CEO of the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau?

:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom