Stephone Anthony Ready for Week 1 (1 Viewer)

tophergillock

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Bleacher Report just reported that Anthony will miss the next couple of weeks but will definitely be ready for the Week 1 opener.

Turns out Eric Gordon was contagious in New Orleans.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fox 8 sports has learned stephone Anthony has a lower leg strain, as Sean Payton alluded to not as serious as first thought&#39;</p>&mdash; juan kincaid (@juangkincaid) <a href="https://twitter.com/juangkincaid/status/765233804109713413">August 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Great news. Needed that today. I still think, even with the injuries, that this Defense is light years ahead of last year, in scheme, preparation and personnel. If they can just get a few turnovers and rank in the lower 20's in points and yardage, I think the Offense is good enough to help bring us 10-11 wins or so and a playoff spot.

I agree that this Defensive will surprise. I hope Rankins is okay and will be back in the early part of the schedule. Probably early to mid October. I really believe he is going to be a monster as advertised before the draft (an Aaron Donald type of DL). All in all our Saints look to be an exciting new team with the exciting prospects at WR (Thomas and TommyLee Lewis), RB Daniel Lasco, and the Defensive with a rush up the middle (Sheldon Rankins, Tyler Davison, and Fairly), LineBackers Nate Stuper, Craig Robertson, Jeff Shoettmer, James Laurinitis, and a healthy Danielle Ellerby, and a new stock of DBs (Ken Crawley, Devante Harris, Ed Harris, Pruitt). My Gosh this is an exciting time. I hope the season now lives up to what I am seeing out of these new players.

1115.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom