Stephone Anthony (1 Viewer)

It's called coaching! You see the best when defensive players arrive from there the longer Joe Vitt and Bill Johnson work with them the worse they get. Nothing has changed and it won't until the defense staffed is cleaned out and a real gm is hired and make all personal decisions.

If a real gm is hired he can fire SP whenever he wants. GMs want their own staff.

It made no sense to me at all how we liked Mauti up all game near the line with our 3 man front having him as a stand up rusher. He mostly dropped back in coverage but why not put Anthony on that position? Don't understand some of the players who did and didn't play but the coaches know best so I'll trust what they decide.

Anthony needs to be back in the middle so he can makes plays put Ellerbe at Sam and Robertson at Will or vise versa and lets play some football. Anthony can make plays at MLB and is better in coverage as Laurenitis is taken out in nickle and dime packages as well.

we need much better defensive coaches on the DL, LBs. I like Aaron Glenn as DB coach.

We also need better front office personnel directors.

I watch Patriots and Cardinals game and there are so many outstanding young players on both side of the ball. So many that the Patriots traded their best pass rusher to the Cardinals!

We rely too much on UDFA. Not because we are great at picking them out but because we have too since we whiff on so many draft picks at getting difference makers.

The defensive coaching staff needs to be purged of the dead wood. It is obvious they can't develop young players and have no idea how to prepare these guys to be a competent NFL defense. I love Sean Payton and wouldn't want him to go but it's time that someone tells him either get rid of your buddies on the defensive coaching staff or we'll find a new coach. I have no idea who that would be though.
Jim Harbaugh, he'd turn us into winners again. I'd love him as coach.

Should of kept him at MLB even if it was backup

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using Tapatalk

He was so-so last year, I mean apart from a play or two he never jumped out on TV as being a force to reckon with... doesn't seem to have great instincts.

:idunno: he had an INT, couple sacks, defensive TD, first blocked PAT return in history, and set the saints rookie tackle record. But yeaaaaa.. So so.

I have never been a fan of Laurinitis. While he makes a lot of tackles I have always seen him as a drag down tackler. Meaning he makes tackles by dragging guys down from behind usually after they have already picked up a few yards. In fact I remember him doing this all the way back at Ohio State. He is certainly no Vilma.

It's a hard call because Laurinitis has the experience reading defenses, making changes, and calling plays. It pays to have a vet in a position like that. Anthony is clearly the better tackler and player at the position, at least at this point in their careers. I thought Anthony did a good job last year as a rookie and thought he would grow into the position well. Laurinitis isn't here long term and will probably help to coach Anthony up a little.

He can't cover. So he won't play in passing situations. He really wasn't anything special last season either.

:idunno: he had an INT, couple sacks, defensive TD, first blocked PAT return in history, and set the saints rookie tackle record. But yeaaaaa.. So so.

I was wrong he made 4 or 5 impact plays and not 2. But, he did that for the worst D in the NFL.... I really wish him the best and I hope he becomes a star for us but people treat him like he was a pro-bowler and in fact he was below average last year. Just look for available grades on different publications and you will find out that he was just an average player.

It's called coaching! You see the best when defensive players arrive from there the longer Joe Vitt and Bill Johnson work with them the worse they get. Nothing has changed and it won't until the defense staffed is cleaned out and a real gm is hired and make all personal decisions.

Bill Johnson & Vitt must have major dirt on Sean, bc he refuses to move on . That or he's just TOO loyal. No matter who we bring in on the dline or at LB, are mediocre once coached by them.

Pootie tang galette did say Payton is too loyal though I'll say that . (Sorry)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom