Stephone Anthony (1 Viewer)

The defensive coaching staff needs to be purged of the dead wood. It is obvious they can't develop young players and have no idea how to prepare these guys to be a competent NFL defense. I love Sean Payton and wouldn't want him to go but it's time that someone tells him either get rid of your buddies on the defensive coaching staff or we'll find a new coach. I have no idea who that would be though.

I agree, I love what Payton has done for us, but really he isn't much more then an OC. The mistakes, penalties, bad kickers, bad apples, trades, running players out of town. . . Is what I see that is wrong. Guys leave here and go play well elsewhere, its just a mess when it comes to the defensive side of the ball. I just can't believe that this is our starting defensive roster on week 1, we have a long, long way to go.

Been saying it for almost 6 years now, Vitt needs to go. That's the one knock on SP I have, his undying loyalty to him for whatever reason. You get better people in place of Vitt and Charmichael (sp) and I think we're in a lot better shape.

I was wrong he made 4 or 5 impact plays and not 2. But, he did that for the worst D in the NFL.... I really wish him the best and I hope he becomes a star for us but people treat him like he was a pro-bowler and in fact he was below average last year. Just look for available grades on different publications and you will find out that he was just an average player.

Please tell me what the hell else you expect from a rookie MLB lol four or five impact plays? So first down saving tackles or TFLs can't be impact plays? Why do so many people expect rookies to come on the field and be pro bowlers immediately??? We could literally not ask Stephone Anthony to do more than he did for us last year

Can we please wait for the reporters to show us the ALL-22 film before we rip players based on stats alone?

Been saying it for almost 6 years now, Vitt needs to go. That's the one knock on SP I have, his undying loyalty to him for whatever reason. You get better people in place of Vitt and Charmichael (sp) and I think we're in a lot better shape.

wth? Carmichael? that discredits your whole post saying he's a problem.. Vitt still needs to be part of team, just maybe not lb coach.
maybe brian young needs to go as well.

And feel kruger wont' amount to anything here as he'll prob be given the kikaha treatment, taking your only real pass rush and making them cover most of the game.

Please tell me what the hell else you expect from a rookie MLB lol four or five impact plays? So first down saving tackles or TFLs can't be impact plays? Why do so many people expect rookies to come on the field and be pro bowlers immediately??? We could literally not ask Stephone Anthony to do more than he did for us last year

I've never said that... never, I am not looking for a rookie even a 1st rounder to become a pro-bowler year 1. I hope he will be great for us, but guys need to stop acting like he was there already. He was not. He was an upgrade over what we had before but that doesn't say much. People here think he is good, I saw every games last year and he was just a rookie in very bad D. Grades are what they are but he did not grade well last year, he even grade poorly. That is all I am saying.

Want me to make you even more upset?

One of the defensive captains for the NY Giants made play after play yesterday. He made an open field tackle on Ezekiel Elliot on a 3rd down that saved a touchdown. No one else was in the vicinity. If he misses the tackle or if he gets trucked (like Laurenitis was constantly) the Cowboys end up winning that game.

His stat line? 11 total tackles and 7 solo tackles to lead the entire Giants defense.

His name? Jonathan Casillas. We need a real LB coach. How can one team be so awful at evaluating talent and/or putting that talent in the right position to succeed. It's like Vitt is actively trying to get rid of Stephone Anthony.

Vitt has been the problem that only a super smart Probowl athlete (Vilma) has been able to over come. It has long passed the time for him to go.

Jonathan Casillas is on his 4th team in 4 years (including the Patriots).

Pretending that we missed the boat on him because he finally had a good game is a little silly. How much you want to bet we eat him alive next week?

Rookies aren't allowed to be rookies. They need to be Odell Beckham Jrs.

Come in and immediately set the league on fire. Make Pro-Bowls and such.

And in Stephone Anthony's case, I think it wasn't so much him as Allen really wanted Laurinitis to come in and be the defense's leader. Let Anthony learn. See the defense from a new perspective. I fully expect him to return to the middle linebacker spot before long.

On a separate note...anyone else think Anthony looks a little thin?

Look, it was week 1.

The question is now, does Allen make corrections? Does he play Edebali more and let Anthony take Mauti's snaps? If he does, I can at least respect that he's willing to adjust.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom