Stephone Anthony (1 Viewer)

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He had 1 tackle and 1 assist today. Another poster mentioned that Mauti was playing more than him. What've happened to him? He looked promising last year.

Having guys like Mauti and Stupar playing is one of the issues with this defense. Those guys shouldn't see the field unless it's on ST.

He's the starting strong side linebacker. He'll only get much action in short yardage packages as most teams are in nickel all game. But whenever I saw #50, he was in on tackles or making plays. Played well in preseason too.

Not amazing. He'll be fine. His arrow is pointing up.

He had 1 tackle and 1 assist today. Another poster mentioned that Mauti was playing more than him. What've happened to him? He looked promising last year.

He was so-so last year, I mean apart from a play or two he never jumped out on TV as being a force to reckon with... doesn't seem to have great instincts.

It's called coaching! You see the best when defensive players arrive from there the longer Joe Vitt and Bill Johnson work with them the worse they get. Nothing has changed and it won't until the defense staffed is cleaned out and a real gm is hired and make all personal decisions.

Saints have no idea how to coach up young defensive players. Anthony and Von Bell are studs and can't make plays for Saints while Larenitis and Harper get plenty of reps. I am sure glad the experience of those vets allows them to be in the right positions to make no plays. I don't give a flip how well those guys know their assignments, they aren't playmakers. It shows that their coaches lack the wherewithal to coach the young guys.

He did real well last year for a rookie, and for whatever reason, this offseason the FO decided to bring in a washed up Laurenitis to take his spot. I thought it was a crappy thing to do to him.

The defensive coaching staff needs to be purged of the dead wood. It is obvious they can't develop young players and have no idea how to prepare these guys to be a competent NFL defense. I love Sean Payton and wouldn't want him to go but it's time that someone tells him either get rid of your buddies on the defensive coaching staff or we'll find a new coach. I have no idea who that would be though.

I mentioned that in the game day thread, but Mauti played more cause Ellerbe wasn't in there. Anthony will likely only be in there when we are in base defense. Mauti filled in for Ellerbe when Robertson played middle linebacker. It seemed to me that we played a lot of 3-4 early in the game and then nothing but 4-3 in the 2nd half. I could be wrong but it just seemed that to me. I think with Ellerbe out, we should play more 3-4. Play Kruger and Edebali OLB with JL, Robertson, & Anthony switching up inside. Or Anthony outside as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom