Stephone Anthony (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
He's our second string SAM and played 4 snaps on Sunday. He has 1 tackle this year.

Assuming there is no undisclosed injury, he has been beaten out by Mauti a year after leading the team in tackles (terrible D, but still).

I dont care if we play nickel every play of every game, if last years 1st round pick cant find the field, that's a big problem. We could probably get some decent pick(s) in trade - might as well sell high. If he's a bust, now's the time to get out.

It seems a bit like Spiller, only weirder.

It's freakin absurd that Mauti would get more snaps. Now don't get me wrong, Mauti had a good game and I like the guy but they're not even in the same universe athletically. Anthony needs more snaps. No matter where he's gonna line up

I'm upset about Anthony not starting as much as anyone else. I don't think it's injury related and it's weird that it would be presented as the type of defense that we are using during the game.

My guess is that he pushed someone the wrong way or did something during the offseason. SP likes to keep our players in check and doesn't want drama. Anthony doesn't seem to be that type of person, but none of us know what happens behind closed doors.

All we can do is just hope he is used more and becomes a playmaker for us. We need more pass rush and definitely more turnovers. I hope to see him in a lot of snaps against the Falcons.

When Anthony is on the field he produces. He looked amazing as a rookie mlb and a tackling machine to me. As the year went by things started to click and he was reading plays and breaking up screens showing good awareness. It was a mistake to move him to sam. He's a true inside linebacker. JL is on a 1 year deal. Hopefully stephone learns a lot from JL being so smart and can match his athleticism with football iq and be a monster next year.

It just makes me mad as soon as things start to click for him, we move him. So dumb.

I'm upset about Anthony not starting as much as anyone else. I don't think it's injury related and it's weird that it would be presented as the type of defense that we are using during the game.

My guess is that he pushed someone the wrong way or did something during the offseason. SP likes to keep our players in check and doesn't want drama. Anthony doesn't seem to be that type of person, but none of us know what happens behind closed doors.

All we can do is just hope he is used more and becomes a playmaker for us. We need more pass rush and definitely more turnovers. I hope to see him in a lot of snaps against the Falcons.

For me it seems that SP just values football iq over athleticism. Stephone could in fact be the better player right now than JL, but JL does such a good job getting our guys setup to succeed that maybe SP figures he is willing to sacrifice the play at middle lb, if it makes the rest of the D better.

Looking/Playing Amazing likely keeps you your MLB job. Perhaps were looking for spectacular

When Anthony is on the field he produces. He looked amazing as a rookie mlb and a tackling machine to me.

It just makes me mad as soon as things start to click for him, we move him. So dumb.

I dunno. He looked pretty bad in coverage.

I dunno. He looks pretty bad in coverage.

That's his weakness, but he has all the tools to succeed at it. I remember last year he had an INT off of luck. The best way to get better at it is to practice. Players improve over the years with experience. This could stunt his growth and set him back a year.

I dunno. He looks pretty bad in coverage.

It's the blinders. Anthony had double digit tackles in a game once. That's not great MLB play. Going back to his college days he had double digit tackles Twice in a game.

He's an ok MLB..that's why he was moved. As much as our D was on the field last year and the yards given up he should have had more than his 116tckls.

Eric Kendricks nearly matched him and didn't start till Week 5 on a better D no less. Anthony didn't have to compete for tackles on D as there weren't any elite players to steal them from him.

Looking/Playing Amazing likely keeps you your MLB job. Perhaps were looking for spectacular

He had his problems in coverage but was outstanding in run support and blitzing. He was constantly knofing thru holes blowing up runs for tackles for loss. He had a few goal line stops last year too. He had the most tackles by a rookie since rickey jackson.

It's sad that we finally drafted a LB in the 1st rd, only to move him out of position, then relegate him to basically an afterthought

He had his problems in coverage but was outstanding in run support and blitzing. He was constantly knofing thru holes blowing up runs for tackles for loss. He had a few goal line stops last year too. He had the most tackles by a rookie since rickey jackson.

Outstanding in run support and blitzing sounds like a Sam LB for 2downs

It's the blinders. Anthony had double digit tackles in a game once. That's not great MLB play. Going back to his college days he had double digit tackles Twice in a game.

He's an ok MLB..that's why he was moved. As much as our D was on the field last year and the yards given up he should have had more than his 116tckls.

Eric Kendricks nearly matched him and didn't start till Week 5 on a better D no less. Anthony didn't have to compete for tackles on D as there weren't any elite players to steal them from him.

But he was likd 12th in the league in tackles, so his tackling numbers or having double digit tackles in a game is mute. Sure he struggled at times, but he was a rookie. Now im not saying he is better than kendricks, who is a monster, im just saying he isnt a bust.

Well if he was so great...he'd be starting is all I'm saying so....something ain't adding up. Either he wasn't great or our coaches are idiots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom