Stephone Anthony (1 Viewer)

Well if he was so great...he'd be starting is all I'm saying so....something ain't adding up. Either he wasn't great or our coaches are idiots.

I already told u what it is, Anthony is a better Mike than JL, but SP would rather the entire defense be in position and have a leader with JL and downgrade the mlb position, than to upgrade the mlb position and sacrifice the rest of the D. But the only way for him to get better at it, is to get the reps.

SP was hoping with Brees, and a leader on defense in JL we could make a superbowl run, but if we keep losing don't be surprised to see Stephone take JLs spot.

It's the blinders. Anthony had double digit tackles in a game once. That's not great MLB play. Going back to his college days he had double digit tackles Twice in a game.

He's an ok MLB..that's why he was moved. As much as our D was on the field last year and the yards given up he should have had more than his 116tckls.

Eric Kendricks nearly matched him and didn't start till Week 5 on a better D no less. Anthony didn't have to compete for tackles on D as there weren't any elite players to steal them from him.

Many of those snaps (by opposing teams), were pass plays, along with the "big passing plays". I'm not sure how many opportunities he had to get a tackle, especially if the play was already behind him. Still, 116 tackles, 5 PDs, 2 FFs, int, and a 2 point conversion return, along with playing all 16 games is nothing to sneeze at.

Many of those snaps (by opposing teams), were pass plays, along with the "big passing plays". I'm not sure how many opportunities he had to get a tackle, especially if the play was already behind him. Still, 116 tackles, 5 PDs, 2 FFs, int, and a 2 point conversion return, along with playing all 16 games is nothing to sneeze at.

He was like 13th in the nfl in tackles and 10th among linebackers, all that with zero interior help and protection from our defensive tackles.

Stephone is a tackling machine and needs to play mike.

I already told u what it is, Anthony is a better Mike than JL, but SP would rather the entire defense be in position and have a leader with JL and downgrade the mlb position, than to upgrade the mlb position and sacrifice the rest of the D. But the only way for him to get better at it, is to get the reps.

SP was hoping with Brees, and a leader on defense in JL we could make a superbowl run, but if we keep losing don't be surprised to see Stephone take JLs spot.

This is by far the most likely reasoning. Even before injuries started we were going to have a lot of new faces and young players playing on D. Our defense certainly lacks talent and experience at a lot of positions but we have had very few if any blown assignments this year.

Also it's not fair to compare him to kendricks who is on a veteran laden defense with a top tier defensive line, and thus has substantially less to worry about. Also the knock on Kendricks was that he was on the smaller side and would easily get washed out with OL getting to the second level, especially with the 3-4 looks we gave last year and sometimes this year.

I hate people comparing players they wanted to draft across teams and schemes. Fit is far more important than talent for most players as the high priced free agent bust rate has shown throughout the years.

He's our second string SAM and played 4 snaps on Sunday. He has 1 tackle this year.

Assuming there is no undisclosed injury, he has been beaten out by Mauti a year after leading the team in tackles (terrible D, but still).

I dont care if we play nickel every play of every game, if last years 1st round pick cant find the field, that's a big problem. We could probably get some decent pick(s) in trade - might as well sell high. If he's a bust, now's the time to get out.

It seems a bit like Spiller, only weirder.
It's this, Fleener, Spiller, Peat shuffled around, the kicker and special teams that leaves a bad feeling about the future.

We were supposed to be coming out of this personnel hell, but seems we are still smack in the middle of mismanagement.

The game just seems so much slower for JL, I guess that is what happens when it looks like you are running in slow motion.

The game just seems so much slower for JL, I guess that is what happens when it looks like you are running in slow motion.

Our defense has looked much, much better with him getting guys in position, though.

More to football than raw talent. JL knows where to line up. A pity he doesn't have Jonathan Vilma's athleticism. Otherwise, he'd be making more plays on his own.

This Anthony situation making the coaching staff look clueless

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using Tapatalk

Our defense has looked much, much better with him getting guys in position, though.

More to football than raw talent. JL knows where to line up. A pity he doesn't have Jonathan Vilma's athleticism. Otherwise, he'd be making more plays on his own.

I hope that's what it is. You can take his player grade on PFF, multiply it by two and he's still below average. Ranked 79/80 with LB's and dead last among inside LB's.

Wonder if everyone would be complimenting the defense if ODB didn't drop that long TD pass, if the Giants didn't miss the FG, if they didn't kneel on the ball instead of pushing it into the endzone and didn't turn it over 3 times. They should have scored 30+.

For me it seems that SP just values football iq over athleticism. Stephone could in fact be the better player right now than JL, but JL does such a good job getting our guys setup to succeed that maybe SP figures he is willing to sacrifice the play at middle lb, if it makes the rest of the D better.

That's fine. Then why did he draft Anthony when Erik kendricks was there and has a lot better instincts to the ball.

You can say all you want that you want players who have IQ but your draft decisions don't align.

You keep drafting guys you think you can coach up when a) you have terrible position coaches and 2) you have no track history of coaching up at that position.

That's fine. Then why did he draft Anthony when Erik kendricks was there and has a lot better instincts to the ball.

You can say all you want that you want players who have IQ but your draft decisions don't align.

You keep drafting guys you think you can coach up when a) you have terrible position coaches and 2) you have no track history of coaching up at that position.

Rob Ryan was the one who pushed for stephone Anthony for his 3-4 scheme which he did very well in. He's an in between the tackles inside backer. We're using him wrong.

Im fine with Anthony not getting snaps in the nickel, it should be vaccaro and robertson, but stephone should be our mike in the base package, and use either mauti or stupar at sam in my opinion.

Rob Ryan was the one who pushed for stephone Anthony for his 3-4 scheme which he did very well in. He's an in between the tackles inside backer. We're using him wrong.

I would've like to see what this defense would have looked like if everyone was healthy and we ran a 3-4. It would be interesting to see Tull & Kikaha coming off the edge from the OLB spot during passing downs.

When we signed JL, I thought we were going to pair him up with Anthony in the middle, but we switched to a 4-3 instead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom