Stepping into Drew's Shoes (Contract and recognition) (1 Viewer)

goboilers

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Step into DB's shoes. Let me try to explain...

1. Didn't go to a top Football College as he was injured in High School despite being a stud and winning everything.
2. Signed in the 2nd round despite being one of the best college qbs ever w leadership skills off the charts (look at how he beats Vick every single time). So got paid less...
3. Had the worst freakin offensive line and literally the worst locker room for the first 3 yrs at the Chargers
4. Chargers get Rivers and he gets the team he wants and starts playing like he should. Becomes elite and gets injured in the last game of his contract
5. Gets a contract from the Saints which is great for an injured qb but lousy for an elite young dream qb
6. Contract runs out is at the top of every statistical category for the 6 yrs he has been at the Saints, Wins a Super Bowl, breaks a monumental record.

Cant get the contract he wants. Sometimes when guys who have to earn every penny and inch reach a point where they want that "recognition" which says u r the best.

Unfortunately, in our society, the scoreboard is money and how much one gets paid. We might not like it but its just the way things are. Remember money is relative. Money is how we are measured in our pro lives...

I would love for Breesy to take less money but I understand where he is coming from...

30 million bonus, 18.5 million a year...come on just stop already. Drew is blessed...if he didn't have some things to overcome it wouldn't have been so satisfying.

Some of these Breesites need to get some Violin music to play in the background.

30 million bonus, 18.5 million a year...come on just stop already. Drew is blessed...if he didn't have some things to overcome it wouldn't have been so satisfying.

Some of these Breesites need to get some Violin music to play in the background.

And you need to stop the :crying:

I understand your point but u have to get his. Why should he not set a new benchmark in getting paid?
He is younger and has outperformed brady and manning over the past 6 yrs.
Will Rodgers get a bigger contract than Brees when he is up for a new contract? Hell yeah.
Its relative. That's the point you are missing.

Should Lebron get paid a lot more than Kobe when he signs a new contract 2 yrs after Kobe signs a new contract, probably...

I think that's what you and I would do...

Gimme a Break!!!

Unfortunately, in our society, the scoreboard is money and how much one gets paid. We might not like it but its just the way things are. Remember money is relative. Money is how we are measured in our pro lives...

***??? This is a game... a kid's game that has gotten way out of hand in terms of dollars. If this was anyone but the Saints' QB, fans would be trashing Breesus. To ask for $5million more than 3-time SB Champ Tom Brady? Heck, Brady just lost his 2nd SB so he has been there 5 times and was still willing to give back money to help the Pats sign players. That's leadership. I like Brees... no, I love Brees but this "see how much they'll pay" attitude is gone too far.

GO Saints!!!

I'd love to step into DB's shoes. I'd be the highest paid player ever and Carl Nicks would be blocking for me.

That's the life, bro

I understand your point but u have to get his. Why should he not set a new benchmark in getting paid?
He is younger and has outperformed brady and manning over the past 6 yrs.
Will Rodgers get a bigger contract than Brees when he is up for a new contract? Hell yeah.
Its relative. That's the point you are missing.

Should Lebron get paid a lot more than Kobe when he signs a new contract 2 yrs after Kobe signs a new contract, probably...

I think that's what you and I would do...

It's very debateable that he has outperformed Brady and Manning the last 6 years. I know as Saints fans our opinions are biased towards Brees.

I love how everyone is making judgements on this contract negotiation even though none of the parties involved have released any information.

Drew has been on the record on numerous times stating how much he loved the city of New Orleans, and love Saints fans. He has really embraced the city during his time here. When he first came here in 2006 we really didn't know if he would be able to play like he was capable of coming off his shoulder surgery. The Saints showed alot of faith in him then and were later rewarded for their faith by winning the superbowl. Now the Saints offered him a contract that would've made him the highest paid quarterback in the league, and Drew said it wasn't enough. I see everyone calling Nicks a trader or whatever else for going to a rival, but if Drew showed the loyalty and faith in the Saints then there would be no threads about Carl Nicks signing with Tampa Bay today. Fact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom