Sterling Moore and BW Webb (1 Viewer)

Breaux and a Free Agent make for a great option to start on the boundaries. That would allow more flexibility for DA to run his type of coverage D. Williams and Crawley make for good/very good boundary CB's to groom and their ability and *limited experience make them serviceable as starter WHEN there are injuries to the position group. Swann, Moore, Wilson, and Webb (if they are all brought back) look for great competition for the inside spots and as a stopgap if multiple outside guys get hurt. Personally, I like Swann's ability on the inside, but not his injury history. All things considered, I would love to have Moore back as an inside guy who knows the system and can slide outside in case of emergency.

Breaux & FA + Moore in the nickle
Williams & Crawley as backup boundary guys
Vaccaro as your other slot CB in dime when teams split out the TE

I'd be perfectly happy with that scenario going into 2017.

I disagree. Breaux is good and has talent to be very good. PJ Williams was playing very well before getting hurt. Swann had a great year in the slot in his first year. Webb and Moore proved they are great depth. Crawley proved he has talent and is getting better quickly and can become very good depth.

We need to upgrade this position with an elite free agent or first round pick to play opposite Breaux. Stephon Gilmore is the guy I think we need to keep an eye on.

We can't count on Swann coming back at this stage and P.J. Williams is still an unknown, coming off a serious neck injury that landed him on I.R.

Crawley and Harris are serviceable at best, Crawley more so that Harris.

If we stay flat, we indeed are in trouble.

Ideally, this is what I'd like our cornerback crew to look like next year:

Breaux (#1 corner)
Expensive Free Agent or First Round pick (#2 corner)
P.J. Williams/Sterling Moore (compete for nickel and dime roles)
Swann/Crawley/Harris/Webb battle it out for the 5th spot

Let's not settle for "mildly adequate" guys.

Moore and Webb have both surpassed expectations. Along with Breaux, Williams, and Swann, that would be a really solid group of corners for next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom