Sterling Moore - DB - Saints (1 Viewer)

NYSaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Free agent CB Sterling Moore wants to re-sign with the Saints.
He says the interest is mutual. Signed just ahead of Week 1 as depth, Moore ended up leading all Saints corners in snaps and received the best coverage grade of the group from Pro Football Focus, though he was still 71st in the league among 120 qualifiers. Moore won't command much on the open market.
Source: Sirius XM NFL Radio Feb 22 - 10:55 AM

Good deal. Moore is great depth. I doubt many teams have a better #4 corner, which I hope is what he is for us next year.

This shows how horrible our coverage was

Our offense and defense are not CB-friendly. If we had a running game and a pass rush, I'll bet Moore would have been more in the middle of the pack, which is very good depth.

Our offense and defense are not CB-friendly. If we had a running game and a pass rush, I'll bet Moore would have been more in the middle of the pack, which is very good depth.

71 out of 120 is pretty close to middle-of-the-pack.

Moore had a lot of tough matchups last year and I thought he played very well considering. He may not be what you want as a permanent starter, but he's really good depth and may have potential to be much more in a year or two.

See this is where, the play in general was so bad and we expected bad things that we could appreciate mediocrity.

I too thought, all things considered, he actually played pretty well for us.

See this is where, the play in general was so bad and we expected bad things that we could appreciate mediocrity.

I too thought, all things considered, he actually played pretty well for us.

Well, after so many injuries at the same position group mediocrity was everything anyone could ask for.

I was watching the replay of the Super Bowl XLVI (NE vs Giants) and he got quite a bit of playing time in that game as a rookie. Very good depth and a guy who brings experience at the position.

This shows how horrible our coverage was

I guess you and I were watching DIFFERENT video of Moore from last season.

I thought he played well after being thrown into the fire, on short notice

this. ^^

Dude did a respectable job last season.

He'd be a good one to AT LEAST have in camp to compete.

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom